We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ann Arbor for weekend getaway?

Which Ann Arbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ann Arbor for weekend getaway?

Me and hubs are looking at Ann Arbor for a weekend getaway before our next baby arrives. We would be arriving Friday afternoon and leaving sometime on Sunday. (First weekend in May)

Any suggestions on things to see, do and eat?

Is it even a good place to spend a weekend?

Thanks.

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ann Arbor for weekend getaway?

Hello michiemee,

There are lots of different things to do in and around Ann Arbor. What are some of your interest?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ann Arbor for weekend getaway?

Anything really..looking to relax mostly, so a place to stay with a nice view would be nice. I like trails and hikes (though at 8months pregnant I don't know how far I can hike anymore), hubs and I both like the historic stuff. Other then that, good places to eat, anything from fine dining to exotic to holes in the wall...we're open to trying anything. Maybe squeeze in a little shopping or massage. Thanks for your help!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ann Arbor for weekend getaway?

Hi--Ann Arbor is a great place for a weekend get-away, but not the first weekend in May this year.

May 3 is commencement at University of Michigan. I doubt you could get a room anywhere near Ann Arbor and if you could, it would be ridiculously priced. The town will be overwhelmed with thousands of families coming to see their student graduate so restaurants, stores, parking lots, and roads will be packed. It is a fun, celebratory atmosphere, but probably not what you're thinking of for your pre-baby weekend!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ann Arbor for weekend getaway?

Probably the cost of going there on commencement weekend would make it prohibitive anyways...

5. Re: Ann Arbor for weekend getaway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ann Arbor