We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel suggestions from Overland Park, KS to Ann Arbor, MI

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Travel suggestions from Overland Park, KS to Ann Arbor, MI

Hello and Thank You all in advance. I will be travelling with my wife and two girls (17 and 12 years) leaving OP, KS on June 20 in evening around 6.00 pm. My older daughter needs to be at the camp in Univ of Mich, Ann Arbor, MI on morning of 23 June. So we have not planned for hotel/motel yet. But hoping for some guidance for recommendations on the way.

1. I was thinking of going to Indiana dunes and National Park in Indiana, and then Cascade Falls which is about 2.5 hours west of Univ of Mich, in Ann Arbor. I was looking for some guidance on where to stay near Dunes/National Park in IN; and then near Univ of Mi Ann Arbor or near Cascade Falls.

2. Is there anything else we could do in this short duration w/o trying to rush? Any suggestions or guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

3. Any guidance on better routes, from KS to Ann Arbor, MI would also be helpful.

4. Suggestions on good vegetarian / india food would also be great.

Respectfully submitted.

Mentioned in this post
Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor
Michigan
Indiana
Indiana
United States
Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,805 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel suggestions from Overland Park, KS to Ann Arbor, MI

for trip routing, post in the road trips forum....

indiana dunes national park is nice, but IMO, a higher quality dune/beach destination is warren dunes state park in SW MI, about 30-45 minutes east of indiana dunes along I-94. also, indiana dunes STATE park is very nice, with a great, and big, beach.....

lodging options in chesterton, IN and near warren dunes.... also, another 20 minutes up the road is st joseph, MI, which has an excellent beach scene, which your girls might find interesting.... numerous lodging options near st joe/benton harbor......

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel suggestions from Overland Park, KS to Ann Arbor, MI

Thank you and much appreciated. I will check that out.

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel suggestions from Overland Park, KS to Ann Arbor, MI

In regard to your food question, I would highly recommend Blue Nile for Ethopian Food. Indian food isn't my favorite, but I have had some good meals at Shalimar.

AA
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel suggestions from Overland Park, KS to Ann Arbor, MI

1. Hotels around Briarwood mall: Hilton Garden Inn, Extended Stay, Holiday Inn Express Suites .

2. Niagara Falls thru Canada only 5 hours away.

3. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Overland+Park,+KS&daddr=Ann+Arbor,+MI&hl=en&sll=42.278992,-83.735797&sspn=0.009065,0.021136&geocode=FVTSUgIdOHBb-inTOCanUZXAhzHI-UQ460_OJA%3BFXonhQIdwi4C-ykzH0PUDbA8iDHitciGRvkJ2w&oq=ann&mra=ls&t=m&z=6

4. Suvai at State and Liberty and Madras Masala on Maynard st are good choices.

Mentioned in this post
Briarwood Mall
Briarwood Mall
61 Reviews
Ann Arbor, MI
Canada
Canada
North America
Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor
Michigan
5. Re: Travel suggestions from Overland Park, KS to Ann Arbor, MI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:15