We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Michigan Circle Tour

Schaumburg, IL
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lake Michigan Circle Tour

We are planning a Lake Michigan Circle Tour this summer from Chicago through lower Michigan, the UP and down through Wisconsin. We love staying at B & B's, but we are having a problem finding one in Northwest Michigan that will take a one night reservation on a Saturday. We checked out motels, but most are somewhat lacking in charm. Any ideas for a great place for a one-night Saturday stay between Ludington and the Mackinac Bridge?

Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,928 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Michigan Circle Tour

Stafford’s Bay View Inn http://www.staffords.com/bay-view-inn-2/

Also, I assume you are trying for the peak season from late July to mid August.

If you try in late June, I believe you will have less trouble getting a one night, Saturday room at a B&B.

Escanaba, Michigan
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Michigan Circle Tour

When you get to Escanaba please make sure that you turn left onto Ludington St and go to our downtown . Stop in at the C of

C at Third St and get the local poop. The super cool lighthouse is two blocks farther. Be fore you get to Escanaba make sure that you visit Fayette --not to be missed. For a great walk check out Portage Pointe just south of town.

Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
128 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Michigan Circle Tour

I noticed your topic was Arcadia. Are you stopping there? If so, I suggest a late dinner on the outside deck of Arcadia Bluffs golf course. Sitting up on the bluff, overlooking the rolling golf course, you won't be disappointed at the wonderful sunset over the lake.

Unless you don't like sunsets.

4. Re: Lake Michigan Circle Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Arcadia