We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which restaurant do I choose?

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Topic
Which restaurant do I choose?

We are attending a concert at the Palace on the 30th (Thursday), and plan to eat dinner before the concert. We have a gift card that can be used at either The Macaroni Grill or Maggiano's Little Italy. Never have been to either one of these chains.

Which one do you suggest? Thanks!

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which restaurant do I choose?

I've never been to either, but Maggiano's looks like it is about 20 minutes south of the palace, which may not be a good thing if you are coming from the north. You can always check out the reviews here, at Yelp, google, etc.

Enjoy TSO. I was considering going, but am over Christmas music at this point. Maybe I'll put the cash to their latest CD I never got around to buying.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which restaurant do I choose?

Thank you. I will enjoy the concert for sure. It looks ( preview video) awesome, and I have been told by a family member that saw them last year that they are awesome. 20 minutes is OK. I just can't decide..!

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which restaurant do I choose?

We chose Maggiano's in Troy. The restaurant is quite large, has several different sections and is pleasant. There is a great menu with many, many choices-chicken, steak, seafood, pasta (obviously), and it was hard to pick! I went with Chicken/Spinach Manicotti in Alfredo Sauce and DH with Bologenese Pasta Seashells. Both were excellent as was the bread. Service was very good, also, very attentive. Prices fair. I recommend it!

Mentioned in this post
Troy
Troy
Michigan
4. Re: Which restaurant do I choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2011, 06:20