We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather and prices help please

north wales
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
weather and prices help please

Hi

we are thinking of coming to austria for 2 weeks in august next year, could some please tell me what sort of weather to expect, also is it an expensive place to visit, what sort of prices do things cost ie trips and eating out ect i know it varies but just so as i have an idea. thank you

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,952 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather and prices help please

Weather in continental areas is not as predictable as elsewhere. You can encounter everything between hot+dry and cold+wet. Right now it is fairly chilly, the previous two weeks it was utterly hot. St. Wolfgang won't be "cheap" as it is tourist magnet.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather and prices help please

Also no way of knowing what the FX rate will be next August.

With todays rate 1.25€ to the pound you will find a lot of things cheaper than in the UK. Cake and a Coffe for example will be far superior to what you get in the UK and less money.

I agree with Mikey St Wolfgang is too touristy.

Also if using public transport it's not the best location to be in.

north wales
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather and prices help please

thanks for your replies, i know its hard to predict weather and prices even to next week never mind next year, but you have both given me an idea of things, thanks x

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather and prices help please

Hi Tom

You've posted this on the St Wolfgang forum. You sound as though you've not visited Austria before - is it St Wolfgang you're particularly interested in? Although Mikey is correct in saying it is touristy I found it a charming place to stay, but possibly only for a week, as the transport links are not great to get to other places. If you haven't decided on St Wolfgang put a post on the Austrian Alps forum giving us an idea of what you're looking for and I'm sure the guys will help!

As to prices - we were in Seefeld a couple of weeks ago and prices were very similar to the UK - some less, some more.

5. Re: weather and prices help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 07:16