We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in June and air conditioned hotel

Which St. Wolfgang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Weather in June and air conditioned hotel

What kind of weather can be expected in June in the Austrian Lakes?

Also, I have been looking at several 4* hotels which seem excellent, but they do not have air conditioning. Is this because it is not required?

Thanks,

Kathy M

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,536 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in June and air conditioned hotel

Weather is not predictable. In June it can be fairly hot but also cold and rainy. Both scenarios are possible, extreme conditions are less likely. In the countryside it usually does not get that hot and humid, especially when located by a lake, Air Conditioning is something that came relatively late to Austria. Furthermore, Austria is not a country where AC is overly important, between June and September it can be a nuisance without an AC though.

I would frankly not focus on an AC, in the countryside it is just not necessary. If you went to Vienna, then I could support it!

Liverpool, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in June and air conditioned hotel

Thank you for your reply,

Kathy M

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in June and air conditioned hotel

In the lake districts with the environment caused by the cooler lake water, I doubt you will find a need for Air conditioning.

While days can be warm , at night it cools quickly.

Finding no air at area hotels would not be unusual - no real need for it.

Liverpool, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in June and air conditioned hotel

Thank you,

Kathy M

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in June and air conditioned hotel

Ummmmm. Lack of air con is a big issue in Austria for Brits who are now used to it in UK hotels. We went to St Wolfgang in July a couple of years ago (The Cortisen - fantastic hotel) and the lack of air con was not an issue as it rained all day every day and was chilly with it. However, a review of the Cortisen last summer said how unpleasantly hot it was in the rooms even with the balcony door open. We've stayed in 4*s in various resorts and although they were all super hotels non had air con. We usually upgrade to a room with a balcony so can usually open a window or door, but I recall in an hotel in Kitzbuhel guests who were in smaller standard rooms only had one window so melted at night! And with open windows of course come mosquitos who see my husband as a michelin-rated meal.

Lack of air con is also an issue in the hotel restaurants - last year we were in a lovely hotel in Seefeld but the dining room was oh so hot - even when the outside temperature was in the teens.

I'm sure some hotels must have air con, but I've just looked at the White Horse Inn in St Wolfgang and even they don't seem to have it!

As to weather - we've visited both the Lake District and Tirol between the beginning of June and end of August. Time does not seem to matter - we've had roasting hot at the beginning of June, but at the end of July the cafes in Kitzbuhel put out their furry blankets for customers to wrap up in because it was so cold! Layers are the answer!

Having said all that Austria is my most favourite place to go. If you want any more info let me know.

Liverpool, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in June and air conditioned hotel

Many thanks for your reply and I know what you mean about husbands and mosquitos

Kathy M

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in June and air conditioned hotel

Hi Kathy

Seriiously, it is worth taking a plug in anti mosquito thingy, and I also found in Clas Holson one of those battery operated bats which folds up so would be great for packing and night time games of 'fry the little devils'.

8. Re: Weather in June and air conditioned hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Wolfgang