We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest daily bus from Copacabana to La Paz ?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Latest daily bus from Copacabana to La Paz ?

Hello !

Does anyone know how late buses run from Copacabana to La Paz ? I am doing a day tour of Isla del Sol and would like to leave after that (I guess on a 6pm or so bus?) for La Paz. Does it exist ?

Thanks !

Kris

Madrid
Level Contributor
156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest daily bus from Copacabana to La Paz ?

I Believe Buses/Shared Mini Buses would leave latest at 4pm or so..so your best bet is to leave the next morning or just leave your tour earlier.I would suggest you do this trip early in the day that way you can arrive in La Paz while the sun is out because the area near the cementary where the Copacabana Buses leave you isnt the safest part of town

happy Travels

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest daily bus from Copacabana to La Paz ?

HI! the last "Public" bus or minivans leave at 06.30 PM, now, spect a windy and shaky navigation as you cross the "tiquina" strait back ,and also , make sure whichever bus or minivan you take ,drops you off at the "Estacion de Trenes" or the old train station, that is because they usually stop at the "Cementerio" but "You don´t wanna be there late at night" there are many bad people around...

Have a safe trip!

3. Re: Latest daily bus from Copacabana to La Paz ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 05:18