We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finding hotel/hostel in Copacabana without reservation

uuu
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
finding hotel/hostel in Copacabana without reservation

Hi,

We want to visit Copacabana at the end of the month. We are wondering if it is better to find a hotel/hostel after we got off the Copacabana bus? Would there be lots of hotels near centeral bus stop with better price there if we go directly? Or you can't really tell and it takes lots of time?

Also, is it safe area near the central bus stop?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
873 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: finding hotel/hostel in Copacabana without reservation

Generally, I didn't think Copacabana was unsafe. I had no problems with touts or cheats. There are lots of hotels to choose from but I am not sure if there would be a difference between booking beforehand or if you go directly. If you do not have much luggage, it would be a good idea to go there and look around for a good hotel (in terms of location). Choose one with a view of the lake.

2. Re: finding hotel/hostel in Copacabana without reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 05:20