We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copacabana to Sorata?

Which Copacabana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Copacabana to Sorata?

Hello,

we will visit Copacabana /Isla del Sol and would like to continue to Sorata.

Any suggestions on how to get from Copa to Sorata?

thank you

London
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copacabana to Sorata?

We didn't go to Sorata as it seemed a little too much hassle from Copa but I do recall reading somewhere ( maybe LP) that it was best to get the bus to La Paz and ask to be dropped off on the highway to Sorata at Huarina and wait for a Sorata bus there.

Otherwise, it may be easier, but longer, just to go to LP and get the Sorata bus from there.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copacabana to Sorata?

Thank you, i read the same but some peple also said it is difficult to get on the bus from Huarina to Sorata as they are full

London
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copacabana to Sorata?

That was pretty much the reason we decided not to do it but we did meet people who had taken buses from Huarina without problems

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Copacabana to Sorata?

Crellston, based on what those people who made the transfer in Huarina said, would you recall if it was pure luck , or early in the day, later etc. I really do not want to waste the day by going back to La Paz .thank you

London
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Copacabana to Sorata?

Sorry I can't help further with that. I I don't think we discussed it in detail just that they had made the trip ok. One thought is that Copa dips very much a travellers places and you will meet loads of people there, some of whom may have come from that direction and may have a better idea. Always worth asking the bus drivers / companies in Copa what the current situation is as things do change and new services do start up.

Have you seen this thread on LP?

https:/…taxi-from-huarina-to-sorata

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Copacabana to Sorata?

Thanks, i have seen that lp thread and that gave me a hope, but will inquire locally.

Thank you again

London
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Copacabana to Sorata?

you are very welcome. do let me know how you get on as i may be heading that way on my next trip..

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Copacabana to Sorata?

The problem is that there are only minibusses from La Paz to Sorata and normally they leave full from La Paz. It is easier to visit Sorata first and change in Huarina for Copacabana afterwards.

9. Re: Copacabana to Sorata?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 07:16