We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip from Maun to Chobe

Which Kasane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
113 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip from Maun to Chobe

Has anyone taken a road trip from Maun to Moremi Reserve and then on to Chobe, staying in lodges?. I am having a difficult time booking this part of my upcoming trip, Any ideas? Also is it safe to fly out of Kasane Airport back to Maun?

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip from Maun to Chobe

I've driven this over a dozen times. It is not a big deal to plan this with stays at lodges and safari camps. Obviously the agents you have contacted don't know the logistics or locations of the camps/lodges.

Flights from Kasane to Maun are in small aircraft. It is quite safe and done everyday. I would suggest if you are going to have a driver, just take the return trip with him and add a night along the way It is nearly a full day trip back to Maun. You would need to pay to have the vehicle and driver return to Maun anyway, so why not get some benefit out of it.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
113 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip from Maun to Chobe

Thank you. I appreciate the information.

3. Re: Road trip from Maun to Chobe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 09:27