We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Kasane to Victoria Falls (Zim and Zam)

Which Kasane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Province of...
Level Contributor
207 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Kasane to Victoria Falls (Zim and Zam)

Hi,

Could you recommend me any transfer company that covers both sides of the Victoria Falls? I would like the transfers only and then free time to do whatever I want.

Thanks!

Kasane
Level Contributor
175 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Kasane to Victoria Falls (Zim and Zam)

Try Bushtracks or Kalahari Tours. We use them both and they are reputable and dependable companies. Enjoy!

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
532 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Kasane to Victoria Falls (Zim and Zam)

Zimbabwe has the best view of the Falls - but if you have time, viewing the Zambian side is well worth it. You can actually cross the bridge on foot to see the Zambian side. Wild Horizons can help you as well. You don't mention what time of year you will be there - as the lowest flow is around the October-December when the Zambian view is hardly worth seeing

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,859 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Kasane to Victoria Falls (Zim and Zam)

Try www.steenboksafari.com as we used him with pleasure.

Province of...
Level Contributor
207 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Kasane to Victoria Falls (Zim and Zam)

Hi, I contacted several agencies offering day trips to Victoria Falls from Kasane, and I am surprised to see that the prices differ enormously in pulas and in USD.

One of the agencies, for instance, sent me their rates of 545 pula or 90 USD for a day trip.

The official change would be 545 pula = 63 USD. Do you know why is there such a difference?

Thanks!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,730 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from Kasane to Victoria Falls (Zim and Zam)

Well, very few tourists will have Pula, so quoting in dollars means they don't have to exchange dollars into Pula and lose money in the process. The tour company takes the hit.

So, it is partly a convenient service. There is also the risk of currency fluctuations hitting the operators, so thy have to put in a bit extra to cover that risk.

In the scheme of things, it doesn't sound like a huge amount for a memorable day out.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
50 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip from Kasane to Victoria Falls (Zim and Zam)

Peter, I would say it makes a difference - there will be four of us looking for an excursion into Victoria Falls from Kasane soon so 30 USD per person makes it 120 total - I know it's not a fortune, but still it's a considerable amount of money. In such a case - it's better to exchange pulas and pay in pulas as far as I understand?

Arraial d'Ajuda, BA
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip from Kasane to Victoria Falls (Zim and Zam)

I want to know if there are and how much cost one way trip just to go from Kasane do Victoria falls, we are 3 persons traveling. We will arrive in Kasane on october 17. Thanks

Province of...
Level Contributor
207 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip from Kasane to Victoria Falls (Zim and Zam)

The round trip from Kasane to Victoria Falls cost us 400 pula per person through Armbush Safaris.

9. Re: Day trip from Kasane to Victoria Falls (Zim and Zam)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 07:18