We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Type of hotel question

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Type of hotel question

Spending last couple of nights of our honeymoon in Siem Reap & really looking forward to it.

Ideally we would like to end the trip in a nice hotel - but is it worth going all out & booking into a 4 or 5 star or since we would be out most of day - would it be wiser to stay somewhere 3 star & spend the money somewhere else on the trip?

Birmingham, uk
Level Contributor
881 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Type of hotel question

As its your honeymoon, I would think about splashing out a little, but not ott! The FCC would be quite nice, not bad prices (from 120$ usually), or if you wanted somewhere a bit more rustic (which some prefer on the romance front) then I would suggest somewhere like Palm Village (35$ a night). Very much depends on what camp you fall in to.

Although you'll be out alot of the day, you may find that you return to the hotel for a break in the afternoon/dip in the pool etc, and then there is the early nights - you have to get up early!

melbourne
Level Contributor
608 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Type of hotel question

Hi we stayed at the Day Inn and it was lovely. Only 2 storeys,French/Cambodian and it is reasonably priced. It's set on an acre of garden. We really enjoyed it and it's in a nice quiet street.

Marian

Leicester
Level Contributor
445 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Type of hotel question

I suppose a lot depends on your budget. In a lot of respects it`s perhaps not everyone`s idea of a honeymoon destination but then again I don`t see why not.

As per the above post the Day Inn is a great place to stay in a great location, have a look at www.dayinnangkor.com and see what you think. I think it`s excellent value and is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in in Asia over the last 20 years. If I get the chance to return to Siem Reap I would definitely like to stay there again.

Make sure you shop around for the best rate though as prices do vary a fair bit between booking sites.

Canon City, Colorado
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Type of hotel question

The Hotel de la Paiz has a wonderful honeymoon program. We spent our anniversary there and the management made everything so romantic for us. They put rose and lotus petals in the tub and roses on our bed. They had fruit and wine to greet us on arrival. The atmosphere was wonderful. I will return. Also have to plug our guide Muon Sophanna. email sophanna_muon@yahoo.com He was the highlight of our trip.

5. Re: Type of hotel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 00:20