We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Cambodia and 3 in VIetnam or vice versa?

Arizona
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Cambodia and 3 in VIetnam or vice versa?

My husband and I will be travelling to Cambodia and Vietnam after a business trip to Singapore. Unfortunately we are short on time. We can book a flight to arrive in Siem Reap at 7 a.m. on Tuesday and we fly out of Ho Chi Minh back to the U.S. on Sunday morning. If we stay all day Tues and Wed in Siem Reap and Thurs, Fri and Sat in Ho Chi Minh (we want to go to Cu Chi and the floating market), will this be enough time to see the highlights? Would we be better off staying Tues - Thurs in Siem Reap and just Fri and Sat in Ho Chi Minh?

Thanks for the advice!

Spore
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Cambodia and 3 in VIetnam or vice versa?

PHX- I would recommend spending 2 full days and 2 nights in Siem Reap. you will be able to cover all temples in that time. HCM is big and I definitely recommend a 1 day tour of Mekong delta and 1/2 day of Cu Chi tunnels. The city is pretty good and can easily take a day if you want to see the major sites. I was in vietnam and Cambodia for 12 days so yours would be a very shortened version

Leicester
Level Contributor
455 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Cambodia and 3 in VIetnam or vice versa?

To be honest if it was me I would just visit the one location to do it justice. It`s just an awful lot to try and cram in in one trip. By the time you arrive and unpack and get yourselves sorted out the best part of the day is lost to travelling.

I would honestly pick the location that appealed to me the most and try to find an excuse to visit the other one on another trip.

Birmingham, uk
Level Contributor
883 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Cambodia and 3 in VIetnam or vice versa?

I do either 5 days in vietnam or cambodia. Travelling will eat into your time and will be a killer

5 days is enough to see the highlights of cambodia on a quick dash - 2 days PP, 3 days siem reap

Manchester
Level Contributor
458 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Cambodia and 3 in VIetnam or vice versa?

Agree with PK123 - 2 full days in siem reap and 3 in ho chi minh is about right to see the sights! Like anywhere the longer you have the better but this should be enough to cover most things if not everything you want to see.

We had 3 full days in siem reap and had 3 days solid of a driver taking us round seeing the temples - truly amazing though they are on the 3rd day you do get temple fatigue and looking back it is hard to remember which ones were which apart from the main ones of angkor, bayon, ta phrom and batney srei (apologies if im offending the temple purists out there).

3 days would then be good in HCM for a day in mekong, 1/2 in cu chi and the rest in the city itself at the war remnants museum, notre dame cathedral etc etc. You may even get a few hours to relax and maybe take in fannys ice cream parlour - definitely recommended!

5. Re: 2 days in Cambodia and 3 in VIetnam or vice versa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 08:17