We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can i get a ticket at 5am at the angkor gate?

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
202 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Can i get a ticket at 5am at the angkor gate?

pls anybody know?

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can i get a ticket at 5am at the angkor gate?

sweetie, the visiting hours are 5am to 6pm (Angkor Wat) you should be able to get your pass at 5am :

canbypublications.com/siemreap/srstarted.htm

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
202 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can i get a ticket at 5am at the angkor gate?

thanks for the info villefranche

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
364 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can i get a ticket at 5am at the angkor gate?

Usually visitors would choose to buy the ticket 1 day before you get to Angkor Wat. Reason...the tourism authorities allow you to use the ticket 1 day before your tour, provided if it is after 5pm.

This means, you get to go to Phnom Bakheng to see sunset using the ticket you bought probably at 4.30pm and tomorrow, you can use the same ticket to go to other temples, and you might want to go to Angkor Wat at 3pm and wait till 5.30pm or 6pm for the sunset.

Therefore, you get to enjoy 2 sunsets at 2 beautiful temples (Phnom Bakheng and Angkor Wat) using the same ticket.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
202 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can i get a ticket at 5am at the angkor gate?

thank simon! i cant wait! im in HCMC waiting for the connecting flight to Siem reap!

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can i get a ticket at 5am at the angkor gate?

Hi cookie-sweetie,

Hope you are having a fabulous time!!!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
364 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can i get a ticket at 5am at the angkor gate?

By the way, pls allow yourself 3-4 days to visit the best of Angkorian temples.

Angkor Wat is one of the temple. There are many others of remarkable beauty. Here's the major temples you should see :

a) Angkor Wat

b) Temple of Bayon

c) Temple of Baphuon

d) Temple of Ta Prohm

e) Temple at Phnom Bakheng

f) Angkor Thom

I visited all in 2 days by hiring a driver for USD$25.

As you know, Angkor Wat is not a Buddhist temple, it is Hindu. The largest Hindu temple is not found in India but in Cambodia and the size is worth mentioned. Angkor is surrounded by a huge moat, with water pumped into it from water reservoirs in the East and West Baray.

The Temple of Bayon is another magnificient architecture. This is a Buddhist temple built in the middle (like a roundabout) and has over 100 over giant size buddha heads...it looks grand with its architecture in the middle. I rated Bayon as one of the best other than Angkor Wat.

Another is the Temple of Phnom Bakheng, it's located high up the hills of Phnom Bakheng, from there you can see the plains of Angkor and Siem Reap and looks very mystic.

los angeles
Level Contributor
532 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can i get a ticket at 5am at the angkor gate?

cookie sweetie,

hope you will post on your return all about your time in HCMC, Mekong Delta and SR. enjoy!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
306 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can i get a ticket at 5am at the angkor gate?

Hi Thanks for the Info Simon,

Was just going to post a question you have answered re the purchasing of a pass to watch sunset then using it the next day

Thanks again

daiisy

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
202 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can i get a ticket at 5am at the angkor gate?

To answer my question, yes, everyone can get their tickets at the gate of angkor wat around 5am or earlier!

i got mine around 4:45am. Many people were earlier than us to watch the sunrise. sad to say, we have not seen it along with everybody. It was raining the whole morning. But we enjoyed ankor wat!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
93 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can i get a ticket at 5am at the angkor gate?

Hi SimonLin!

(sorry cookie-sweetie to be interferring with your question...)

Did you hire only a driver or was he also a guide? I've heard that the guides can enter in the temples and so they are able to explain what we are seeing. If he was a guide and if he spoke English (and you liked him), can you give me his contact?

Should I tried to hire a guide before arriving (taking into account some references of the Forum) or it is safe enough to get one after arriving the hotel?

I'm going to be there only for 2.5 days and I want to visit as much as possible (but not be running all the time without enjoying it!). I seriously doubt that I will be back to that place again...

Cheers,

Civog