We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport photos

Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
passport photos

Everyone says take passport type photos for a visa. Can I just snap a photo on white background of myself and print it passport size or does it have to be an offica?l one like in my Canadian passport?

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport photos

If you do your visa online in advance, any digital photo with plain background will work...you size it yourself using your photo editor.

If you get your visa on arrival at Siem Reap airport, if you have a passport photo, fine. If not, they will scan your actual photo in your passport for $5 or so...we got 3 for $10 because they had no change for a $20. Then when you actually go through immigration, they take your photo again with a digital camera.

For your temple pass, they take your photo right at the gate when you buy the pass.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport photos

www.canbypublications.com/cambodia/visas.htm

3. Re: passport photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2008, 10:19
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport photos

Most people on my flight did it upon arriving In cambodia as they take your photo ( or scan your passport) whilst you are there.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
50 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passport photos

I took a picture of my husband against a white background with my digital camera and sized it to passport photosize beofre printing it on photo paper. For mine, I had scanned my passport photo before I sent my renewal application in, so I just printed that one.

Both worked fine.

-A.

6. Re: passport photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 03:19