We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamphong Phluck 2008 rainy season?

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
Level Contributor
457 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kamphong Phluck 2008 rainy season?

woudl like to hear from someone who has been to the remote Tonle Sap village of Kamphong Phluck this rainy season. Have researched past threads on visiting this village, but wondered about transport so far this year. Is it by road to Chong Khneas and then boat? Or another way? How long does it take to get there? We are hoping to do this as 1/2 day trip as other posters have, but I guess it depends on water levels, etc.

That's why hoping someone has been there this past month!

We will be in SR in July.

thanks.

porto
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamphong Phluck 2008 rainy season?

I have been in siem reap with my daughter, one week ago. we wanted to go to Kampong Pluc but we did not get there... The taxi and tuk tuk did not want to go there, because of the bad road. We did not have time enough to get another way to get there, but I think that you can go by taxi or tuk tuk from Siem Reap to Roluos, some 10 Km east and from there get a boat to Kampong Pluc.A taxi driver told me that it is easier to go by moto, and that tuk tuk drivers do not want to damage the vehicule.I got the impression that the difficulty in going there is more about the road then the water level...

usa
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kamphong Phluck 2008 rainy season?

did this trip last week via chong khneas,the water level is high enough now we took the day trip leaving hotel at 8am and returned after sunset ,we had a private boat and did fishing,kids swimming ect and took our time,you can do this in a half day trip,it will take approx 1.5 hours both ways by boat,we used a company that has a guide that was born in the forrest and had lunch at his parents home,one of those 10mtr high ones, www.taraboat.com they do this tour daily

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kamphong Phluck 2008 rainy season?

you travel by road to chong khneas and travel by boat to kompong phluk,its possible to do this in half day if thats all the time you have.its a beautiful village,the other way by road is not possible as its the wet season and road terrible in the wet.i used tara riverboat tours for this trip as they do this trip daily even in the dry season .i am actually heading out there on monday for a wedding but will be staying overnight.well worth the trip also the lake and rivers are awesome and you will pass many other floating villages along the way.

darwin
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kamphong Phluck 2008 rainy season?

yes we travelled there and was by road for about 12km to chong khneas than by boat.the boat trip is approx 2 hours,the flooded forrest is great and a really nice tour.we passed through 3 different villages on our way out,a vietnem and 2 khmer ones also stopped for lunch and drink on the tara riverboat.the company we used was the same as the previous poster and included free pickup and return to hotels in air cond car and guide.also lunch and drinks where included .and yes you can do the half day trip there

SG
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kamphong Phluck 2008 rainy season?

Hi, my partner and i was at SR five days ago and planned to tour Tonle Sap Lake via Kampong Phluk. We hired a driver (USD 23) to take us there by road with the intention of hopping onto a boat (USD 17) later.

However, midway there, we were told that we had to hop on a moto (USD 8/ pax) to reach the boat as the water level was not high enough and the road condition was not suitable for car.

I guess it's good to get a latest update from your guide/ driver as i understand the conditions may change from time to time. Or go by road to Chong Khneas and then boat, as suggested by other posts.

Have a good trip!

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kamphong Phluck 2008 rainy season?

just go by chong kheaes the tour we took includes pickup from your hotel in air cond car,boat,guide,driver,meal and drinks plus all check points paid,a bonus was lunch with a local family and the guide was born in the village

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kamphong Phluck 2008 rainy season?

just got back from the flooded forrest of kompong phluk,ended up spending 3 days there but caught plenty of fish.the water level is fine,and the floating village is moving back into the river system.still possible to walk down the main street all the time there i would have seen only a dozen tourists so make the efford to go if you have the time,can report the best way is via chong khneas,the road is good and than a quick 2 hour boat ride through the floating village of chong khneas onto the lake and than onto kompong phluk.the best way of getting there is contacting the tara riverboat as they have the best boats and most experianced local guides.infact the guide is a guy called mr dult and you can meet and have lunch with his parents if you wish,they live in one of those 10 mtr high stilted homes.this is my third trip to kompong phluk and mr dult is now a friend of mine and speaks ok english,www.taraboat.com

8. Re: Kamphong Phluck 2008 rainy season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 12:18