We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly accomodation (pool ideal!) Siem Reap and PP?

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
972 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Family friendly accomodation (pool ideal!) Siem Reap and PP?

Hi,

We are a family of 5 (three kids aged 2,6 and 9) travelling to Cambodia in July.

Does anyone have any accomodation suggestions that would ideally include a pool?

We are hoping to stick to a midrange budget (around $60 a night) - is this feasible or will we need to pay more? We would like to avoid having to get 2 separate rooms...

We don't mind adding to mattresses to the floor to accomodate everyone, although if anyone knows of any great, reasonably priced places we would be very grateful to hear about them.

Thank you heaps!

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly accomodation (pool ideal!) Siem Reap and PP?

Hi

I stayed at Le Meridien Angkor in Siem Reap which is a lovely and quite new hotel with a nice pool area. In Phnom Penh I stayed at Raffles and there was also two pools there. Maybe they are a bit above your price range? I have trip rreports from the two places that I can share with you if you are interested. Send me an e-mail on gardkarlsen@hotmail.com and I'll send it to you (or anyone else that are interested) :-)

Regards

Gard

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family friendly accomodation (pool ideal!) Siem Reap and PP?

city River Hotel in Siem Reap was great, very spacious rooms, so might be able to add beds for you. Quiet location on the other side of the River to the Town, but still only a 5 minute walk to Market and Pub Street.

good Breakfast, friendly happy staff and a roof top pool.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,421 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family friendly accomodation (pool ideal!) Siem Reap and PP?

Hi Greenjoy,

my 2c worth - In SR we stayed at the Day Inn (now called the Royal Bay Inn so if using websites check for both names) and are going back there again in April. Lovely pool area, great buffet breakfasts, plenty of grass for the kids to run round on and about 10 min stroll to Pub St - $55 p/night via agoda.

Staying at The manor House in PP on this trip - emailed directly to hotel, communication quick & easy

you'll get lots of options so good luck narrowing it down.

safe travels

helen

Siem Reap
Level Contributor
506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family friendly accomodation (pool ideal!) Siem Reap and PP?

Hi again Greenjoy,

Having reviewed more than half of the hotels in Siem Reap, I can tell you it will be very hard to find place that can accommodate 5 persons comfortably for around 60$.

My advice would be to find a hotel that has connecting rooms.

Out of the hotels recommended above I would not recommend any of them for you. The rooms at Day Inn are too small for a family of 5 as are the rooms at the City River Hotel. Meridien is not suitable both for room size and price range.

The Journeyswithin is a nice place and they have an apartment which would suit the family but you are talking 150$ plus per night.

I can think of 2 hotels that might suit you which will keep you in price range. One is the Monoreach Angkor hotel, the location is a little from the centre but they have deluxe double rooms which have a lot of space in them to put extra mattresses or folding beds.

However, the best choice would probably be the Angkor Way Hotel which is located on the road to Angkor Wat. They have connecting rooms which would suit your family well plus a nice swimming pool. The price would be a bit over your budget but not a great deal over if you book via a booking engine such as Agoda.

Another place which has just come to me is the Angkor Spirit hotel, they have a big room which faces the swimming pool. it is located a few kilometres from town but it is quite a nice place.

Most other hotels which can accommodate 5 persons are outside your price range.

As you are looking for a special type of room for your family I would be looking to arrange package tour rather than then arranging the trip independently. You will probably find offers which will cost near enough the same as booking everythin yourself without the hassle. You will also be able to get the agent to check out the room first for you to make sure the room is right for your family.

Casuarina
Level Contributor
322 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family friendly accomodation (pool ideal!) Siem Reap and PP?

Hi from "neighbours" down the road at Casuarina. We stayed at Royal Bay Inn Angkor Resort in Oct. with our 2 children (8 & 9yrs). Had really nice interconnecting rooms and great pool. Check prices and if if is in your budget I would highly recommend it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family friendly accomodation (pool ideal!) Siem Reap and PP?

My wife and I stayed at Tanei Guesthouse in Siem Reap. We were given a triple room which has three beds in it, one double and two very large singles that could almost be considered doubles. The hotel also has a pool and is in a quiet street about 5-10 minute walk from the main area of town around Pub Street and the markets.

Have a look at their website, our room was the one with the orange walls. There is also a good sized bathroom. And I'm sure you will be more than pleased with the price.

We booked by emailing the hotel. They also provide free pick up from the airport or bus.

Siem Reap
Level Contributor
506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family friendly accomodation (pool ideal!) Siem Reap and PP?

The Tanei guesthouse is not a bad place and is worth considering. However, they are constructing a new large building at the front of the original building. if it the new building is finished by July then it maybe a possibility.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family friendly accomodation (pool ideal!) Siem Reap and PP?

claremont angkor hotel in siem reap hotel,i think the family rooms are 95 usd a night,can accomadate 5 people easy,connecting rooms.has pool gym 3 star hotel 7 mins walk into pub street.along the river

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family friendly accomodation (pool ideal!) Siem Reap and PP?

I would be pretty sure the new building will be finished by July. It was well under way when we were there last August. Either way walking past it to the existing building was no worry.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family friendly accomodation (pool ideal!) Siem Reap and PP?

We stayed at soqourn in Siem Reap the rooms are big and they have a pool, it is a little bit out of town, check with them on the rates .www.sojournsiemreap.com