We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handy, quiet accommodation in Siem Reap for 3 nights.

Surrey,England
Level Contributor
188 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Handy, quiet accommodation in Siem Reap for 3 nights.

There appear to be masses of hotels in Siem Reap so can anyone recommend a clean, quiet, friendly hotel that is suitable for a middle aged couple and that is reasonably priced . One that offers a pool and included breakfast would be a bonus. Looking to book direct for 3 nights in February. Thanks.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Handy, quiet accommodation in Siem Reap for 3 nights.

I myself may be middle aged( Who will ever know) and we like the City River Hotel. Across the River but still only a 5 minute walk to the Old Market and Pub Street. Good location.

Clean, Friendly staff, Great roof top pool and includes breakfast, which was good. Lovely quiet location.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,944 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Handy, quiet accommodation in Siem Reap for 3 nights.

while not as close to the action as the City river Hotel, we found the Day Inn (now called Royal Bay Inn) very much to our liking. Lovely big room, huge pool, great breakfasts, quiet location. We fit into that horribly-named age group too!

safe travels

helen

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,499 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Handy, quiet accommodation in Siem Reap for 3 nights.

Shinta Mani opposite the Royal Ban Inn is worth a look too

Siem Reap
Level Contributor
506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Handy, quiet accommodation in Siem Reap for 3 nights.

All of the above hotels would be a good choice, I would also add Steung Siem Reap Hotel, Casa Angkor Hotel and Angkor Holiday Hotel to your short list of choices to stay.

I have put them in order of my personal choice have reviewed them all.

1. Shinta Mani - small swimming pool though, best rooms

2.. Royal Bay Angkor - nice swimming pool, best pool area

3. Steung Siem Reap - closest to restaurant/bar area, best location

4. City River Angkor - Nice hotel with rooftop pool

5. Casa Angkor Hotel - Nice hotel, good value

6. Angkor Holiday - still a good choice but would choose from above.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Handy, quiet accommodation in Siem Reap for 3 nights.

Bopha Ankor was very nice, the staff are lovely,it has a very nice pool also. The restaurant is lovely (package tours seem to use it a lot). It is about 5-10 minutes walk across the river to pub street. The tuk tuk drivers outside the hotel are reliable for your trips. I think we paid approx. usd78. for a poolside room in November 2009.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Handy, quiet accommodation in Siem Reap for 3 nights.

forgot to say, breakfast is included. We booked through Asia Rooms at their north of England office.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Handy, quiet accommodation in Siem Reap for 3 nights.

the top 4 IMO Bopha Angkor,City river and Claremont angkor and angkor holiday all have pools,all about 6 mins to pub street,actaully staying at the

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Handy, quiet accommodation in Siem Reap for 3 nights.

The Bopha Angkor would be a good choice. For US$78 we got a Deluxe Garden View room. It had a bedroom, sitting room, private outdoor patio with chairs and a hammock; and included breakfast.

The grounds are lovely and well maintained; beautiful flowers and trees everywhere. Staff are all very friendly and helpful. It is only a short walk across the bridge to the Old Market area. Decent restaurants in the area include Selentra, Singing Tree Cafe, and Butterfly Gardens.

We have a few pictures of the room, pool, and breakfast at:

http://tinyurl.com/mangosalbum

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,342 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Handy, quiet accommodation in Siem Reap for 3 nights.

Absolutely amazing photos! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Cheers,

Sandy

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Handy, quiet accommodation in Siem Reap for 3 nights.

I shall add the Ta Prohm to the list, where I stayed during a visit in November. Lovely old colonial-style hotel, all wood floors, very big rooms, very friendly staff and a great location just a couple of minutes' walk from the main market and 5 mins from Pub Street. Many rooms overlook the river, as does the breakfast room. Paid around $30 per night which was amazing value.

The only drawback, as is often the case in Asia, was the breakfast, which was very poor indeed. However there are loads of cafes nearby where cheap brekkie is available.

Pics here (bottom of page):

…google.co.uk/timmyruss/…