We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying from SR TO PH

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
flying from SR TO PH

as anybody flown to pp from sr with cambodia angkor air.

is the service ok

believe the aircraft is a prop job.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flying from SR TO PH

Not yet, but have booked this flight on April 20th. If you can wait until early May when we return, I'll tell you all about it!

sydney
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: flying from SR TO PH

Hi , I have done this trip a few times but never with Cambodia Angkor Air , this company is parented by Vietnam Airlines i believe so i would imagine the service would be ok , in relation to the aircraft itself yes i would presume they would be using there domestic or short haul aircraft fleet which consists of some Fokker Jets but mainly Avions de Transport Regional 72 (ATR72). They are a twin turbo prop high wing monoplane with a passenger capacity of 74 although VA 's ATR 72 has a capacity of 65 , they also had some ATR42 aircraft but not sure if they are still part of the fleet these days , i have flown on this aircraft many times and although can be a little squeezzy if your a large person generally quite comfortable for short flights like PP to SR. If it's safety of the aircraft your concerned about rest assured they are a modern aircraft with modern (GNSS) navigation systems and (EFIS) instrumentation in the cockpit, a smooth flying aircraft gets up and down quick .

Edited: 01 February 2010, 01:52
Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,886 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flying from SR TO PH

Cambodia Angkor Air - CAA - Owns/Leases only three aircraft:

One (1) Airbus A321-231 Tail number VN-A351

and

Two (2) ATR 72-500

This is the sum total of their fleet.

Best regards. Ian

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
509 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flying from SR TO PH

I flew PP to SR in Nov 08, not sure who with now, but while I'm not a happy flyer, I had no worries.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flying from SR TO PH

thanks hope you have a good trip

6. Re: flying from SR TO PH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2010, 05:19