We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary at Siem Reap - Any feedback welcomed.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary at Siem Reap - Any feedback welcomed.

Hi all,

We have come up with an itinerary for our stay in Siem Reap.

Hope you can provide your feedback on this itinerary.

Day 1

- Purchase pass at 4.30pm

- Phnom Bakheng-sunset

Day 2 - taking a guide

- Angkor Wat-sunrise

- Angkor Thom

- South Gate

- Bayon

- Terrace of the Elephants

- Terrace of the Leper King

- Baphuon

- Phimeanakas

- Chau Say Thevoda

- Thommanom

- Victory Gate

- Lunch

- Angkor Wat

- Angkor wat - sunset

Day 3

- Tonle sap tour - Kampung Pluk

- Rolous Group(Bakong, Preah Ko, Lolei)

- Lunch

- Ta Phrom

- Pre Rup

- Banteay Srei

- Landmine Museum

- ACODO performance

Day 4

- Sras Srang

- Ta Som

- Neak Pean

- Preah Khan

- Ta Keo

- Banteay Kdei

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Gaya

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary at Siem Reap - Any feedback welcomed.

Hi all,

Just adding on to the above post. For transportation, we will be taking:

Day 1 & Day 2 - Tuk Tuk

Day 3 - Car

Please advise if otherwise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gaya

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,084 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary at Siem Reap - Any feedback welcomed.

Looks good to me. :-)

For that sunset, you will be coming down a bunch of steps in the dark, so it's a good idea to bring a flashlight (or headlamp). It's quite a zoo up there at sunset, so get there a bit early to get a nice place to sit.

Good move to take a car for Day 3, as you'll be covering a lot of ground and in far-off parts.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary at Siem Reap - Any feedback welcomed.

Thanks Maneki... :)

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary at Siem Reap - Any feedback welcomed.

when are you traveling?the water levels are very low at the moment and unless you like traveling by motor bike to kompong phluk the best way is via boat from chong khneas.Phnom Bakheng sunset is very crowded

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary at Siem Reap - Any feedback welcomed.

Depends on how you like to travel. We found ourselves spending ages at each place as our guide talked about each one. This was not so much the 'history' recitation of who built it and when, but an investigation into the carvings and the stories behind them - and how they informed his childhood stories (somewhat like the fairy tales of my childhood but a lot more immediate). I think your itinerary a little crowded for that kind of detail. We did notice though that we were being passed by other groups all the time so maybe we just dawdle.

Also, don't underestimate the heat. We are relatively used to humidity and warmth but we found that the middle of the day was exhausting out among the stone and found that an early start followed by a midday break back at the hotel pool and then venturing out again later in the afternoon kept us all keen and enjoying ourselves. The early morning (as dawn was breaking) visits were really enjoyable - quiet and atmospheric.

Roma
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary at Siem Reap - Any feedback welcomed.

You're trying to do too much, and you might just end up with temple overload. At the rate you'll be going, you won't really have much time to sit down, admire and savor the incredible experience of being out there among the fabulous ruins. Pare down and stick to the big ones. Also, as others have pointed out, there's not much point going up Phnom Bakheng, where there's a unpleasant and rather scary stampede down the mountain once the sun has gone down, or to Kampong Phlok, where the water is too low at this time of year.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary at Siem Reap - Any feedback welcomed.

Blimey! You are braver than we were,,,,one full day of "templing" wore us out for the next day....would suggest a "rest day" in between....perhaps the Silk Farm or the balloon ascent, or both, then to your hotel pool for a refreshing dip. You are on vacation! Build in some "you time".

Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
204 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary at Siem Reap - Any feedback welcomed.

Hi Gayatri,

Thought you might like to read what we did in 3 days in March 2009 (much too short!). You have the luxury of another day in SR.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293939-i9162-k292…

Enjoy your trip! Warmest regards.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,084 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary at Siem Reap - Any feedback welcomed.

Hold on, people, that schedule is pretty much what most guides take people on using a 3-day pass (small circuit + grand circuit + outlyign temples). I have done it twice, and have added even more. If you get up early you can see quite a lot and go at a leisurely pace. You also won't get exhausted in the morning hours, and can take a leisurely lunch break avoiding the mid-day heat out at one of the restaurants/stands en route to the temples.

If you are very sensitive to heat or are not as crazy about temples as I am, then I agree you may have problems with that itinerary.

edited for atrocious spelling

Edited: 04 May 2010, 04:07
Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary at Siem Reap - Any feedback welcomed.

Question: How did you arrange to bring along a tour guide and yet travel by tuk tuk? How is the guide going to following you around then? I am planning to go to Siem Reap in July and as far as I can see online, tour guide fees are separate from taxi fees. Usually, tour guides travel by car. We are trying to keep our costs low and are shocked by the high rates of USD35 for tour guide and USD30 for taxi. Care to share?