We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any other sights to see in Siem Reap?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any other sights to see in Siem Reap?

hi, this will be my second time going to Siem Reap and i will be there for 8 days. my first 3 days will be volunteering at a orphanage and the remaining days i plan to explore the other places of Siem Reap. but the problem is i think i have covered most of the impt sights during my first trip. eg. angkor wat and the various temples, phnom kulen, tonle sap.. besides all these.. anything else interesting to see? thanks!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,222 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any other sights to see in Siem Reap?

I enjoyed my visit to the Institute of Khmer Traditional Textiles (IKTT) - on the road to the lake down past Terrace of the Elephants restaurant. They also have a village about 13km from town - on the way to Banteay Srey where the entire silk process from silkworms to dyeing & weaving take place if you are interested in textiles.

did you visit Beng Melea last trip? If not - definately add it this time - it's magic

helen

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Any other sights to see in Siem Reap?

You should go to Beng Melea (approx 65 Km from Siem Reap), as this temple is less busy than others. We really like it so much.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,114 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any other sights to see in Siem Reap?

Koh Ker? Anlong Veng & Preah Vihear?

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any other sights to see in Siem Reap?

Hi,

Maybe head up to Battambang and surrounding temples or head off to see Banteay Chhmar temple, just north of Sisophon

Cheers

Edited: 02 June 2010, 13:59
5. Re: Any other sights to see in Siem Reap?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2010, 16:34
wigan
Level Contributor
144 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any other sights to see in Siem Reap?

A 2 hour horse ride (sunrise or sunset) which takes you into the countryside, through small villages and then onto a remote temple.Well behaved ponies for all abilities - can highly recommend :)

www.thehappyranch.com

short tuk tuk ride from town

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any other sights to see in Siem Reap?

what about prek toal rare waterbirds aplenty

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Any other sights to see in Siem Reap?

Prek Tal can not be accessible at the early of the raining season, between October to January is the best time to see them while those birds are laying eggs.

On the other hand which month you are in Siem Reap in the second time?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any other sights to see in Siem Reap?

oh i will in siem reap in the middle of june :D

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any other sights to see in Siem Reap?

Taking a moto to Tonle Sap was the best experience we had, spending time chatting to the locals once we had visited the floating village was great.