We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angkor Pearl Hotel - should I be worried

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Angkor Pearl Hotel - should I be worried

I reserved a room for my 3-night stay in Siem Reap at the Angkor Pearl Hotel through booking.com and they sent me a confirmation. I have emailed the hotel twice to make a special request, and thus also confirm that the hotel has a record of my reservation. First I used the email that booking.com sent me and when I didn't hear back, I used the one from the hotel's website.

What to do?

Thanks

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,862 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Angkor Pearl Hotel - should I be worried

Send a PM to Phil at Siemreaprooms.

Regards. Ian

Banlung, Cambodia
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Angkor Pearl Hotel - should I be worried

I just facebooked a manager there to tell them you were worried... he should be in touch in one way or another.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Angkor Pearl Hotel - should I be worried

Ive used Booking.com to reserve rooms in France, Italy, Mexico, and Peru and never had a problem. How long has it been since you tried to contact the hotel? You may just have to be patient and wait for them to respond.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Angkor Pearl Hotel - should I be worried

Thank you all.

It's been a week or more since my first email to the hotel.

I also have never had a problem with booking.com. Mainly I am concerned because when I booked, thru the TA website, 5-6 agents popped up and booking.com was the only one that still had rooms for this hotel. And I'm going at the end of January, which I believe is high season.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Angkor Pearl Hotel - should I be worried

I am sure you will hear from them soon. I had fantastic time at Angkor Pearl hotel and the staff go way beyond to help visitors staying there. I was travelling solo, so I made friends at hotel and also the staff. Everybody were happy and one couple recommended I should take Kymer massage there. For $10 for two hours was a bargain. I felt at home there.

Siem Reap
Level Contributor
506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Angkor Pearl Hotel - should I be worried

Hi Pitzikat,

If you have the booking confirmation from Booking.com then they should honour your booking.

The place gets very good reviews so suprised they have not replied to your email. I would expect a reply within at least 48 hours of emailing them if not much quicker.

I would try emaling them again on put in the subject "Urgent reply required". You could try skyping them instead or maybe send them a text message if they have a mobile number.

Phil

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Angkor Pearl Hotel - should I be worried

Thank you all. I just got a very apologetic reply from the hotel - busy season, etc. I am relieved and very excited about this trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Angkor Pearl Hotel - should I be worried

Pitzikat,

I am pleased, I hope you have lovely time in Siem Reap and the hotel.

9. Re: Angkor Pearl Hotel - should I be worried

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2011, 05:17