We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend a good tuk- tuk driver?

West Midlands
Level Contributor
61 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Can you recommend a good tuk- tuk driver?

Hi I am in Siem Reap only for a few days and would really like a good tuk tuk driver so I dont end up joining the masses or not understanding a thing, does anyone have any recommendations please? Many thanks

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,139 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you recommend a good tuk- tuk driver?

Hi,

I recommend you wait until you get to Siem Reap and either ask your hotel, who will have a bunch of good, trusted drivers, or just talk to a few on the the street and see who you get on with, there are hundreds of drivers all keen for your business and you will be able to get a feel for their language skills etc.

cheers

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,802 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you recommend a good tuk- tuk driver?

ditto paulo's advice

if you really really really want to organise something before you go, PM one of the regular contributers because posting a request like this will only get you heaps of touting posts some of which will be by the drivers themsleves or their frineds

Read some trip reports (search function directly above - search for JBR - find a traveller whose style matches yours and send them a PM)

cheers

helen

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,628 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you recommend a good tuk- tuk driver?

This may help.These are my regular tuk-tuk & motodop drivers for many years now. Please remember - they are drivers and not guides - but each has enormous local knowledge for the areas in which they work.

My regular drivers are as follows:

Phnom Penh – Mr. Kosal, English speaking – HP 012 987 800

Battambang – Mr. Phall, limited english speaking, HP 017 338 308

Siem Reap – Mr. Tola Kut, strong English speaking,

Main HP 09 72 48 70 22 Alternate HP 092 225 564

Kg. Chhnang – Mr. Kim Chamrong, strong English speaking, HP 011 207 741

They all know me as Mr. IAN.

Hope this helps. Regards. Ian

Edited: 11 January 2011, 22:35
Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,402 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you recommend a good tuk- tuk driver?

Hi,

You could read the report I did on our driver - he was excellent. Some other forum users have since also used him and found him to be as good as we did.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297390-i9163-k4…

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you recommend a good tuk- tuk driver?

You can read the testimonials (http://www.angkortuktuk.net/testimonials.htm ) from people who have used the two fellows I refer folks to if you want...

West Midlands
Level Contributor
61 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you recommend a good tuk- tuk driver?

Thank you, that's really helpful. Looks good!

Cheers

West Midlands
Level Contributor
61 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you recommend a good tuk- tuk driver?

Hi - it was your post I first saw and contacted Seila, unfortunately he is booked up but sent a lovely email! Next time!

Many thanks

West Midlands
Level Contributor
61 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you recommend a good tuk- tuk driver?

Thank you for that - its good to know you have clearly experienced a good service through your hotel. No doubt I will too, thanks.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
61 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you recommend a good tuk- tuk driver?

Thank you Helen - good advice, Sue

Seattle
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you recommend a good tuk- tuk driver?

I (female) was travelling in Siem Reap in Dec 2010 by myself and had the most terrific time. I connected with Tuk Tuk driver, Socheat and I highly recommend that travellers use his service if you are looking for a reliable, punctual and diligent English speaking Tuk Tuk driver while in Siem Reap. He even has cold water waiting for you in his cooler after a long and hot day in the sun. He can also connect you with a tour guide (and hotel accommodation if you haven't booked one yet by the time you get there). According to the law of Cambodia, Tuk Tuk drivers cannot also be a tour guide. Since some of the roads can be a little dusty, it is recommended that you get one of those nose and mouth mask during the ride. Travelling in a Tuk Tuk is one way to explore the sites Cambodian way.Socheat provides the most excellent customer service and will recommend places to eat and shop, etc. Thanks, Socheat, for making my visit to Siem Reap so memoriable.Please email him at socheatsay@yahoo.com. Please forward him any questions you may have. He responses pretty promptly. Have fun and take lots of picture. You would want to! :)