We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itenary recommendation / suggestion

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
144 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Itenary recommendation / suggestion

After going thru this forum several months, I made the following

itenary for my 6 days 5 nights tour to Siem Reap.

Please add your comments / suggestions to make this a comprehensive one for me to get the best from my first trip to Cambodia.

Day 1 -

Arrival at Siem Reap, Check in to the hotel, Purchasing Angkor pass for 3 days & Sunset @ Phnom Bakheng

Day 2 – Angkor pass day 1

Small circuit (5:00am Then Angkor Wat for Sun rise (can stay here few hours after tour groups left) =>Angkor Thom( Bayun, Baphon.Terrace of the leper King,Royal Palace .........etc) =>Thommanon ,Chav say=>Ta Keo=>Ta Nei=>Ta Promh=> Kutisvara => Bateay Kdei =>Pre Rup for Sun Set by Tuk Tuk

Day 3 – Angkor pass day 2

Grand circuit - leave from the hotel after breakfast around 7:30am-8:00am Preah Khan => Banteay Prei => Krol Ko => Neak Pean => Ta Som => East Mebon => Pre Rup => Kutisvara => Prasat Kravan => Angkor Wat for sunset by tuk tuk

Day 4 –

Leave from the hotel early morning at 5:00am => Sras Srang for Sun Rise then=>Bateay Samre=>Bateay Srei => Kbal Spean => Beng Melea by Car

Evening to Kampong Phluk or Kâmpóng Khleang by car or tuk tuk & boat ride there with sunset (or Tara Boat Sunset tour )

Day 5 - Angkor pass day 3

Angkor wat in the morning, Sight-seen in Siem Reap & in the evening Rolous Group (Lolei ,Preah Ko) Bakong for Sunset.

What are the things I should add & what should I remove?

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itenary recommendation / suggestion

Day 2-

You will not be able to see anything in the small circuit before sunup, see the sunrise then head to Bayon and the rest of small circuit. Small circuit takes no longer than half a day, see Roluos group after this if you are not too tired. Save Angkor Wat for Day 3 and see it in the afternoon when all the crowds are gone.

Day 4-

You will probably be too tired after Kbal Spean et al to do anything later on. You didn't mention what month you will be visiting so it may also be rainy and or extrememly humid, you have to consider this as well.

While having a basic itinerary is good, my other advice would be not to micro-plan everything, let your driver/guide take you around and leave it to him. You also have to option of heading back to your hotel for a rest if the heat or activity gets the best of you.

Edited: 23 April 2011, 11:55
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
144 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itenary recommendation / suggestion

Sorry for my mistake. I plan to travel at the end of May (23rd)

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itenary recommendation / suggestion

Yeah, it'll be pretty hot then, just take it easy and go at your own pace.

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itenary recommendation / suggestion

Hi,

Seems a well thought itinerary. However you will be pretty tired after all those early mornings and late nights.

Am I missing something - but surely on Day 4, apart from Beng Melea, you will need the Angkor pass? Thus you will need to purchase a 7 day one.

Also, I would say that this day you will be hard pressed to get to one of the floating villages unless you really whizz round all the temples etc. How about adding in the Landmine museum that day and missing out the floating villages

Edited: 23 April 2011, 16:15
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
144 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itenary recommendation / suggestion

In Day 4, what places need the Angkor pass?

Not Sras Srang I guess & definitely not Kbal Spean & Beng Melea.

Do Bateay Samre & Bateay Srei need Angkor pass?

If it is only Bateay Samre, then can I add it to Day 2 (Small circuit) & from Bateay Kdei goto Bateay Samre & come back to Pre Rup for Sun Set? Will I be able to do it that way & cover the whole thing with 3 day pass?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
144 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itenary recommendation / suggestion

Oh my search shows I need Angkor pass for Banteay Srei & Kbal Spean too.

Can you please suggest a way to cover the whole thing with 3 day pass?

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itenary recommendation / suggestion

Hi Dimu,

You do need the pass for Khbal Spean, Banteay Srie and Banteay Samre. It's only Beng Melea where you don't.

Whilst you don't have your pass inspected at Sra Srang, I doubt you will be allowed into the Angkor complex at all, as your pass has to be shown and hole punched just after the ticket office.

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itenary recommendation / suggestion

If you really wanted to cram it all into 3 days, then you may be able to get the Rolous group in Day 3 after the Grand Circuit.

Then on day 5 you could do the floating village and sight seeing. But you couldn't go back to Angkor Wat again

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itenary recommendation / suggestion

You can get the 3-day pass to be used within a week, not on consecutive days, but this is a special pass, different from the ordinary consecutive 3-day pas. You have to line up in the right queue to get this, make sure you do and ask before you purchase.

Edited: 23 April 2011, 23:14
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
144 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itenary recommendation / suggestion

Although I tried to add all the temples to my itinerary, I forgot to put my attention to the Angkot pass factor.

Now I think I have to re-arrange my days.

To get an idea, can someone please tell me what is the best sunset between Angkot wat & Bakong?

Once I get the answer for this, I'll re arrange my days & put it here for the suggestions.