We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 or 2 days for angkor wat/phonm phen?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1 or 2 days for angkor wat/phonm phen?

I'm taking a 2 week trip to thailand and cambodia. would you devote 2 full days to angor wat? It seems that people think you can even see it all in 2 days, so 1 days does not seem like enough.

also, this is probably in the wrong forum, but do you recommend spending a day in phonh phen? Can't decide if it's worth the hassle of an extra travel stop.

Thanks everyone!

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 or 2 days for angkor wat/phonm phen?

just my to cents...

I came to Siem Reap for 3 days thinking I could see what I needed. Now extended to 7. There's so much more here than temples and you'd be crazy to miss it.

I guess you probably could do the temples in 2 days, but how would you get to take the time to really appreciate them?

n

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 or 2 days for angkor wat/phonm phen?

Just like blizkij- the first time l went to SR we stayed three days, second time we have 6, this trip just 4!

I would devote a minimum of three WHOLE days. and at least two whole days in PP.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 or 2 days for angkor wat/phonm phen?

Minimum of 3 to 5 days in the Siem Reap/Angkor Region.

Note word region. So much to see and do in this region.

Then book your return trip.

Minimum of two days in Phnom Penh and environs.

Rgds. Ian

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,136 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 or 2 days for angkor wat/phonm phen?

Much more to see in the Angkor area than just one temple - have a look at this and you'll see what we all mean when we recommend planty of time.

canbypublications.com/siemreap/srstarted.htm

we were like Ann (post #2) we had 3 days the first trip, 7 the second and have just returned home from another 3 days - still more to see.

take your time - it's a holiday!

cheers

helen

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 or 2 days for angkor wat/phonm phen?

I agree with everyone you need at least 3 days to see overview of Siem Reap region and 2 days in PP.

You can look at these links with pictures

travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

Diva

travelpod.com/travel-blog/smittee/1/tpod.html

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
694 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 or 2 days for angkor wat/phonm phen?

mega dittoes for all of the above comments.!!!!!!

We will be in Cambodia in November for 13 nights.....I think, just whetting our appetite for a return trip.

I'm old enough to remember the saying"if it's Tuesday it must be Belgium". Why travel like that???????

Smell those flowers!

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 or 2 days for angkor wat/phonm phen?

I'd opt for spending 3 full days in Siem Reap, if you can. Skip Phnom Penh this time around. When you come back next time, and the Angkor area suited your fancy (strangely, some people tire of temples after one day!) you can spend longer there as there is a lot to see.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 or 2 days for angkor wat/phonm phen?

Also, with 10 days you can split the temple viewing up into smaller bits.

I have difficulties with my feet and walking long distances, so I've doing temple for half day, then rest of day alternating between around town and by the pool. then usually into town for dinner and drink to watch life go by.

very relaxing way to do it.

9. Re: 1 or 2 days for angkor wat/phonm phen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 03:18