We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking class

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Porirua
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cooking class

We are interested in attending a morning cooking class in Siem Reap. Can antony recommend please.

June

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,794 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking class

Hello June,

as a new member you may not have noticed the search function directly above your post. There have been a number of posts about cooking classes in SR as well as PP and Battambang. Put 'cooking class' into the search box and you will get to these posts.

Good luck, Khmer food is fantastic. I did a fantastic course in PP and my daughter did one in BB but there are plenty to choose from

cheers

helen

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
452 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking class

Hi June

we did a cookery class at the tigre de papier in Siem reap. It was great fun and we ate our finished dishes for dinner (our class started at 5pm although I do believe they do a morning class)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking class

Hi June

I did a cookery class af tigre de papier in Siem Reap also, they have 3 classes or did, each day. Think the first was 11 am then 2ish and then around 4 or 5. They are great and if your lucky you can be there on a day like me when there was only 2 doing the class. There are a few places around SR that do this, just check out the info sheets in your hotel or ask around. Paper Tiger was very good and you get to eat your creation.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking class

I can strongly recommend the Cambodian Cooking Class reviewed in the Siem Reap "Things to Do" to the left.

This class is organised though Beyond Unique Escapes and is done at the Sojourn Villas just outside the town area.

You are collected by a tuk tuk and taken to the Sojourn Villas to start your class. First up is a tour through the local village where you are shown through a home and get to chat (through the interpreter) with a family. This is a volunteer program and the villagers are able to particpate if they wish in exchange for a day's worth of rice. Many of Sojourn programs are explained (rubbish collection, clean water etc) - it's fascinating!

Then it's back to the cooking school which is set up in an outdoor pavillon with a maximum class size of 6 - there were only 3 on our day in March. You get to cook 3 dishes (the menu varies) and then you eat them in another outdoor pavillon in the middle of a small lake.

This was one of the best cooking classes I have ever done - but it was much more than just a cooking class.

Porirua
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking class

Thanks, have now booked at tigre le papier and looking forward to it.

Thanks

June

6. Re: Cooking class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 06:17