We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to stay in Siam Reap for Single Travellers

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to stay in Siam Reap for Single Travellers

Hi Everyone

I am going to be in Siam Reap for 3-4 days in November on my own and was wondering where the best places to stay are where I can potentially meet other travellers?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to stay in Siam Reap for Single Travellers

Any guesthouse is a great place to meet like-minded travelers, as well as restaurants and bars. It is all up to you, if you are able to start up a conversation, you will surely be able to make friends.

Re: exact areas-

I recommend the Old Market area as it is within walking distance to Pub Street and restaurants, convenience stores, the Night Market et al. Very reasonable guesthouses from US$8~$15 per night, great for solo travelers.

Most of the guesthouses have communal areas which are great for lounging and also getting to know other guests.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to stay in Siam Reap for Single Travellers

rosies guesthouse is a great meeting place,lots of travellers,expats,and great food at there restaurant. its about a 10 min walk into old market/pub street area along the riverside.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,614 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to stay in Siam Reap for Single Travellers

I am going to Siem Reap on my own as well in November, and booked the Siem Reap Rooms Guesthouse, as the single bed rooms had a decent price. Quite happy considering the feedback I read, so I hope it is as good as it sounds

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to stay in Siam Reap for Single Travellers

Please write a review in the hotel reviews section when you return. :-)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to stay in Siam Reap for Single Travellers

certainly stay in a guesthouse rather than a large hotel.golden banana is a great little place and close to the township.

6. Re: Best places to stay in Siam Reap for Single Travellers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 October 2011, 07:35
Eugene, OR
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best places to stay in Siam Reap for Single Travellers

I don't know about you, but when I visited Siem Reap, I wanted to make sure that I made ethical choices in where I decided to stay. There is still a lot of corruption in Cambodia, and I wanted to make sure that I was giving back to the right type of organizations. I used this travel book named "Responsible Travel Guide Cambodia". This book has hotels, restaurants and attractions that are all 100% checked out, making sure that I was improving lives, or at least not hurting them. I found the book in a local bookstore, but it is also for sale online at friendshipwithcambodia.org/programs-educatio… . If you were looking for ethically sound places to stay, I would definitely recommend this guide.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best places to stay in Siam Reap for Single Travellers

So it sounds like the guest houses are the best places to stay for solo travelers. I was wondering whether anyone had thoughts on slightly more upscale guesthouses. My backpacking days are long over and I budget is a little larger than it was back then but I will be traveling alone and would love the opportunity to meet others who are too. Any thoughts?

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best places to stay in Siam Reap for Single Travellers

the thing is you dont have to spend big for great places to stay.for $20 per night you expect hot water,own ensuite,air cond,80 channel tv,fridge,room safe,good sized bedroom.there are far too many guesthouses than customers so this situation is going to be the same for quite some time,i have stayed in khmer run places new,best of everything for $10 a night,air/cond,and hot water tv fridge ect ect and big rooms...these places are everywhere but not a great place to meet other travellers as they dont advertise for the tourism market.however look at mandalay inn,roses,tanie guesthouses,central bouitque,ivy 11 all great places and heaps of tourist and single travellers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best places to stay in Siam Reap for Single Travellers

Kool Hotel is really nice and right near the cbd. Run by locals and a small boutique hotel with comfortable rooms, lovely restaurant and nice pool. Around $30-$40 a night for really nice rooms. Highly recommend.