We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siem Reap

Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Siem Reap

Leaving for Cambodia this weekend and would love some advice on accomodation I have stayed at the borei last visit which was very beautiful. Thinking of trying somewhere else this visit. Im travelling with my husband we would like to be central to markets as shopping for xmas will be one priority. It doesn't have to be 5 star but clean airconditioned and comfortable is important. And if anyone can give me a headsup on the weather that would be great.

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siem Reap

I just responded to a similar post. My family and I recently stayed at City River hotel in Siem Reap. It was about $40 a night. Courteous staff, cleanly accomodations, nice rooftop pool. The central market and most of the downtown is about a five minute walk or $1 tuk-tuk ride away. I'm pretty sure its a 3 star, but it was very nice. It is air conditioned and they in-room wired internet.

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Siem Reap

Golden Temple

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,901 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siem Reap

Terrace des Elephants Hotel is right in the downtown area, about a 3 minute walk to the Central Mkt - about $75/night - lovely rooms, great decor! Close to lots of shops and restaurants, and night market.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siem Reap

Last year I stayed at the Angkor Spirit Palace Hotel, a 5- minute ride outside of town. (They offer free transport).They have a lovely pool - perfect after touring Angkor Wat in the hot sun. I paid about $30 / night for a double, including breakfast, aircon + amenities. I also used one of the hotel's guides, Vandy So, for my Angkor Tour and he was excellent. You can contact him at: Vandy_So@yahoo.com. Have fun!

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Siem Reap

Can i fly from Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap, from Siem Reap to Nha Trang? or do i need to go back to Ho Chi Minh City to fly to Nha Trang, that seems like a waste of time. Please offer some advice. Thank you.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,980 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Siem Reap

4kimbolini ... if you must post on a thread that has not been active for 6 months please pick one with some relevance to the question you want to ask.

better still - use the search box (directly above) to see if anyone else has asked this question or start a new thread

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,524 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Siem Reap

As thmoore said... but let's chock it up to your inexperience and perhaps a tad of impatience. The short answer is that from SR you can only fly to two destinations in Vietnam: HCMC or Hanoi. In either case make sure your VN visa is in order for a return entry.

8. Re: Siem Reap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 06:15