We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid avoid avoid Blue 7 Massage Khmer

Vancouver
Level Contributor
31 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid avoid avoid Blue 7 Massage Khmer

This was the worst massage I've ever had on so many levels:

- The girls who performed our massages were about 13 or 14 years old, which is problematic in that 1) they should be in school (the main problem); and 2) they do not have the strength to perform a massage. We were not aware that the masseuses were going to be so young, otherwise we would not have come here. We thought they were the towel girls

- The girls talked throughout the entire hour

- One of the girls pulled out her cell phone and decided that that was more important than working.

- The place was dark and dim and not at all a spa/relaxing environment.

Don't be fooled by the "mentioned in Weekend Australian" or by the photos of a relaxing spa experience. You definitely get what you pay for (in our case, $5/hour per person).

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid avoid avoid Blue 7 Massage Khmer

Did you bring your dissatisfaction to the attention of the management?

Incidentally, $5 is extremely cheap. One would normally pay at least $15 for a proper massage at a "spa".

Edited: 22 November 2011, 11:44
Vancouver
Level Contributor
31 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid avoid avoid Blue 7 Massage Khmer

No, we didn't mention anything because it likely wouldn't make any difference and who knows what would happen to the girls if we said something! We had paid $7 or $8 for a spa massage in Can Tho in Vietnam. It just looks like there's a huge variety of services and experiences out there. On a brighter note, we just came back from excellent foot massages at the Night Market - $2 for 30 minutes.

siem reap
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid avoid avoid Blue 7 Massage Khmer

you may be surprised to find out the girls true ages.i am 24 yo khmer girl and often people think i am under 16.the diet is a big factor in why some people from different counties look younger or older than there true age.when i see a girl from australia at almost 6ft tall and large frame i was shocked to find out she was only 14yo,its very rare to find any 13 0r 14 yo girls working in massage places as we have proactive and highly publicised laws against this practice.

you are right about you pay for what you get,at $5 for a hour massage does not indicate to me that you would get a nice setting nor a professionally trained massage person.

when you factor in rent,power,taxes,wages,cleaning,products ect ,together with the shear number of massage places in siem reap,where a lot of people tend to go with the cheapest option,its no wonder of your complaint.

without sounding like a problem poster and with all due respect i would say advoid,advoid advoid,paying $5 for a massage and expecting a professional massage person.

paying $2 for a 30 minute foot massage at the night market sounds great,but i wonder how much the wages are they pay?i know the rent is expensive there at about $400 a month,so i am guessing the massage person is on about a dollar a day?

just my throughts

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoid avoid avoid Blue 7 Massage Khmer

Aju- well put. I have taught many Asian girls, in particualr quite a considerable number of Vietnamese ones. You are so right many of them looked so muchyouger than their European descent class mates, especially those that were small for their age. i know they were 11 or 12 but often they loooked 8 or 9 so it is possible they were older thn you thought they were.

I do understand you not saying anything as you didn't want the girls to lose their job for doing a bad job. maybe though next time as a couple of others have said just be prepared to pay a little more and you should receivea better quality produce, and be ensuring the girls are being paid a decent wage.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avoid avoid avoid Blue 7 Massage Khmer

The massage was definitely cheap and that should probably have made you wonder but anyway thanks for the info.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avoid avoid avoid Blue 7 Massage Khmer

I loved this place..two hours for less than ten bucks. Absolutely no complaints at all. The massage was so relaxing I fell asleep and started snoring...much to the amusement of the girls and my buddy.

Sorry that the creator of this post had such a bad time but I can't recommend this place enough!!!!!!!!!

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avoid avoid avoid Blue 7 Massage Khmer

Me too - I had a one hour massage and thoroughly enjoyed it. For the price I paid I neither wanted nor expected a "spa" experience. I don't know how you can feel so indignant after paying just $5 for a massage.

Trisha

Edited: 23 February 2012, 18:16
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Avoid avoid avoid Blue 7 Massage Khmer

Hmm, new posts 3 months after the original complaint. The place might have hired new staff. Thanks for the updates, #s 6 & 7.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Avoid avoid avoid Blue 7 Massage Khmer

I was there mid December 2011. I didn't realise that it was an old post.

Trisha

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Avoid avoid avoid Blue 7 Massage Khmer

But you waited 2 months to post this, and did not mention you visited in December last year...