We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Days to Enjoy Siem Reap

Philippines
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Two Days to Enjoy Siem Reap

Me and my husband will be visiting for the first time Siem Reap early May. We will arrive on Sunday late evening. Be able to tour Siem Reap whole day of Monday and Tuesday. Then fly out around 11 in the evening of Tuesday. (these are our only direct flights because we either choose 2 days or 5 days and we can't afford to miss work that long)

We want to see the floating village and the temples for those 2 days. I was able to contact a driver/guide that was posted here in TripAdvisor (Theara his name) and charges $50/day. First I was hesitant to get a car but then decided for it due to limited days in Siem Reap (also I know how hot it can become during these months because I come from the tropical country.)

Visit to Tonle Sap: Kampong Fleuk, Kampong Kleng or Chong Khneas Floating Village? Which would you suggest? Is this a whole day tour or just a few hours?

Visit to the Temples: with so many temples listed on the internet, I had a difficult time choosing. Of course sunrise in Angkor Wat is on the list. But can you please help me narrow it down to about 3-4 temples to visit.

I hope you can help me with the itinerary for two days. The guide gave me a tour itinerary but I'm stubborn and wanted to make our own.

Now excited...

Regards,

VCER

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat
40,111 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,302 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Days to Enjoy Siem Reap

check out the sample itineraries at canbypublications.com/siemreap/sritinerary.h…

I'd guess the itinerary your guide suggested was similar to many parts of thse on this site. Guides know how to maximise your time (which is very imited). I know it's fun to plan your own itinerary, but I'd suggest you give very serious consideration to the one being offered to you. It's easy to see more than 3-4 temples in a day if you visit in a logical route.

cheers

heleln

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
182 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Days to Enjoy Siem Reap

Agree with Helen completely, A 2 day visit is really short, Anyway since your time is limited i would suggest you can take a day tour of Angkor Wat sight seeing n do the reaming the next day ... Or 1 and half days Angkor Wat and half day for the rest with an early start. And Believe me you would want to spend more time in the temple areas as its beautiful and there is so much to see.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat
40,111 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Boston...
Level Contributor
592 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Days to Enjoy Siem Reap

After the Angkor wat sunrise,head for the Angkor Thom area.There are many temples to choose from.As you visit the angkor thom area you can pick and choose which temples to visit.The next day you can take the tonle sap cruise,visit the village, then spend the rest of the day visiting place s like Banteau serai,which is a bit of a drive from Siem Reap,Angkor wat and maybe a few more temples.You tube videos,your guide and Canby Publications ,would all be good resources for your planning.

Mentioned in this post
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat
40,111 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Angkor Thom
Angkor Thom
7,830 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Philippines
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Days to Enjoy Siem Reap

Thank you so much.

We will be flying tonight. Very excited to see Siem Reap :)

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Two Days to Enjoy Siem Reap

VCER, I would enjoy hearing about your trip. If you like your car, driver and guide, please let me know.

I'm traveling to Csmbodia for a short visit and want to maximize my time.

usa
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Two Days to Enjoy Siem Reap

in siem reap now and beautiful blue sky.2 days at the temple is fine,theres so many to see.as for the lake we did the sunset on the tara boat was interesting.the floating villages.many fine places to eat and tuk tuks are fine for easy of travel

Philippines
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two Days to Enjoy Siem Reap

hi epicurean,

our tour guide theara is wonderful. use his services because he is dependable.

i wrote my 2 days adventure in another post. hope you'll be able to read it.

vcer

8. Re: Two Days to Enjoy Siem Reap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:40