We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days to spend in Siem Reap

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
How many days to spend in Siem Reap

What would be the minimum number of days to spend in Siem Reap before going to Phuket instead of doing Bangkok... Need a change.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days to spend in Siem Reap

I would say the absolute minimum would be 3 nights which gives you 2 full days to sightsee.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,812 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days to spend in Siem Reap

I'm going to suggest 3 full days in SR and as many more as you can manage to see some more of this amazing place....If you can manage a week in Cambodia you will never regret it .... 2 in Phnom Penh then 2 in Battambang, the 3 in SR and on to Bangkok overland

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days to spend in Siem Reap

I would also say three full days is the optimal minimum but I would also say to someone who has only 2 full days, that it is still very much worthwhile. In fact, I would say to someone who only has 1 full day that it is still worthwhile although in the case of only 1 full day I would emphasize its really a massive shame to come for only one day. And that pretty much wherever else one is going on the same holiday is worthwhile to steal a day or two from the rest of the trip to be able to have the bare minimum of 2 full days and preferably the optimal minimum of 3 full days.

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days to spend in Siem Reap

Thanks for the advice. I was only thinking of doing Siem Reap this trip for 4-5 days. Then next trip doing Phnom Penh as need some relaxing time in Thailand ....lazing by the pool and taking in the sun.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days to spend in Siem Reap

I think this sounds like a good idea. With 4 or 5 days you will be able to explore the temples and the other sights without getting tired of temples. In addition to the usual temples I would also suggest a trip onto Tonle Sap, either Beng Melea or Baney Srei, and one day to relax in SR and walk around the day market and the town itself. It is a brilliant place and I stayed 5 1/2 in the end, and could have stayed longer

London
Level Contributor
65 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many days to spend in Siem Reap

We had six days which gave us chance to enjoy Siem Reap as well as do all the tourist things. Felt we had a relaxing time rather than a rush to tick off all the boxes. However much time you have there, there is plenty to occupy you and you will have a fab time.

7. Re: How many days to spend in Siem Reap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2013, 10:17