We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions please....

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
91 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions please....

Hello,

Very excited about my 6 day trip to Siem Reap coming up soon, just have a few questions please:

- Can anyone recommend some tour companies, would be nice to have a browse through some tours and pick out ones that interest me. (already seen the quad bike one), I want to join a group as I'm traveling solo.

- Being a 30 year old male, I would quite like to have a go with some big weapons, can anyone recommend a trustworthy & good value gun range?

- Any tours other than the temples that would be worth doing, like something a bit different?

- I'm very much into photography, other than the temples is there any 'must see' great photo spots?

Thanks all.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions please....

I would Not do a big tour group for the temples, especially if you like photography. Being able to going on your own pace, taking pictures etc is much more rewarding. Get a good Tuk Tuk driver and all is set (and cheaper as well).

I enjoyed Tonle Sap, had a fantastic sunset there and one of my favourite picture I took was from a boat. Also seeing a kind of water high street at the floating village was interesting.

For something different why not trying the micro flight trip. I didnt do it unfortunately, but it sounds interesting

london
Level Contributor
91 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions please....

Thanks Scotsman.

Ideally wanted to join say a 4-6 person tour, as I want to meet people and also keep the costs sensible. How much would a Tuk Tuk driver cost per day roughly and would they know much about the Temples etc? be nice to have someone who is 'right come to this point, now lets go here', rather than just letting me explore myself.

Quoted $95 for 2 days touring with a tuk tuk driver via a tour company.

Tonle Sap is 100% on my to see list :)

Struggling to find small tour groups to join, all the places I've emailed so far are just doing private tours :(

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,421 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions please....

you can hire a guide for $25 and a tuk tuk for $15 - for the day - you can give them a list of the temples you want to see or let them determine an itinerary.

have a look at www.canbypublications.com -there is a link onthe left side to sample itineraries. You can organise this through your hotel ahead of time if you wish or just grab a driver when you get there - plenty around (outside your hotel etc) almost all drivers will know some guides they can hook you up with.

london
Level Contributor
91 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions please....

Great, many thanks!

So just the gun range question to go....

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
885 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions please....

have a look at the Beyond Unique small group/ private tours... we are doing a day trip with them to the lake, but there's much more on offer (outlying temple tours, etc, where going in a group will help keep your costs down).

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,421 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few questions please....

IMO (and others will totally disagree and call me all kinds of things) .. but you asked (twice) so here goes...

If you want to shoot big guns do it at home .. because 1)Cambodia has seen more weaponry, misery, death & distruction than they should have and tourists playing with guns is (I think) just crass. and 2) which you should take more notice of.... their maintenance, safety and training leaves a LOT to be desired - read that as you like but playing things that can blow up when not maintained properly is not my idea of a holiday experience.

siem reap
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A few questions please....

a couple of small tours to look at are "share tours" of the temples,they have a office near the old market in siem reap.

tara boat do nice small group tours of the tonle sap,my sister works as a guide for them.

beyong tours do village tours.

also horse riding tours.the micro flights dont operate anymore

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A few questions please....

Didnt know that the micro flight doesnt operate any longer. Thanks for correcting...

london
Level Contributor
91 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A few questions please....

Thanks all again!

I see your point, but where can I get my hands on a Bazooka, grenades or huge guns in the UK..... its one of those 'experiences' to tick off for me.

Thanks for the tours -I will check these out now.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A few questions please....

Shabba,, perhaps if you need to get your rocks off with the type of weapons you are talking about you could try enlisting with the Army Reserve, that way you could play with the big toys and also do something useful for your country. :-)

Greg