We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for Cheap Hotel

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendation for Cheap Hotel

Hi

Could anyone recommend a cheap hotel about $30-$40 a night, with a swimming pool, for a mature age fun loving couple, must be near Pub Street and Market.

Thanks.

Chrissy

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,633 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation for Cheap Hotel

the Tanei guesthouse might suit but there are heaps to choose from. check out the accomodation links at www.canbypublications.com or use the search box above and look for "cheap guesthouse"

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation for Cheap Hotel

Thanks for that information, very helpful. Tanei looks good but there are a few more to check out.

Thanks

Chrissy

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation for Cheap Hotel

Check out at Somadevi angkor hotel it is close down town

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation for Cheap Hotel

Thanks for that suggestion James, it looks a lovelly hotel but it is way above our budget at $68 a night in March.

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendation for Cheap Hotel

It does not have a swimming pool but you could consider the Kazna Hotel

Burlingame...
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendation for Cheap Hotel

Hi i stayed at the moon spa and villa right across on sivatha st during my stay in Siem Reap. Online booking looks a little more expensive but in person i was able to gate a rate of around 20 usd a night. It's a super clean hotel and conveniently close to pub street and the old market. I reviewed it on TA and also posted a more detailed review on my blog.

wayfaringrambler.com/2012/…

But yeah all in all it was one of the best stays i've had in south east asia.

I also stayed a the parklane hotel for a night. While adequate i left because the room wasn't that great (wasnt horrible either) and its a long walk to the old market.

Melb
Level Contributor
581 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendation for Cheap Hotel

Hi we like tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297390-d547766…

Cathy P likes tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297390-d584053…

and we are looking to stay there next time for a change.

Her page is here https:/…252885561422505

enjoy.

shway

Gray, Maine
Level Contributor
75 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendation for Cheap Hotel

I have stayed at the Sonalong Boutique Hotel three times now and have never regretted it. It's $40 something per night with breakfast and free airport pick up if you wish. Walking distance to Pub ST. Big rooms, balcony, cold air, hot water, clean, phenomenal staff. Let me know if you need more info.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendation for Cheap Hotel

I always use the Central Boutique Angkor Hotel (www.centralboutiqueangkorhotel.com) they have 2 swimming pools and are 100 meters from Angkor supermarket (western goods),the main street and 200 meters from both Pub st and "Blue Pumpkin" Cafe and bakery..$40 gets you a poolside room with extras...Tip= For your Cambodian dance performance,avoid cheap tourist spots ($16 with barely edible food) and go to the Apsara Village performance $25 with a great individual meal and professional dancers.Your hotel can book their limited seating .

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendation for Cheap Hotel

I always stay at Golden Temple Villa, very clean, free computers, good restaurant next door, 2 min. on foot to shops + pub street. $15 or so for a single...