We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather - how wet is it this season?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Weather - how wet is it this season?

Hi,

We are arriving in Siem Reap next Sunday. How wet is it this late in the wet season? Has there been flooding this year?

Thanks!

Penrith, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather - how wet is it this season?

Hi.

We are currently in Siem Reap.

No flooding, but there has been plenty of rain as expected but it is in short bursts. We only got a bit damp

Once in the last 2 days..

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather - how wet is it this season?

I'm I Kampot and its not too wet, not like last year. You'll be fine, bring your brolly just in case and shoes that you can walk about is that don't matter if they get wet.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather - how wet is it this season?

Also take waterproof ponchos - they save you from being totally sodden in a heavy downpour and consider a waerproof cover for a day pack if you travel with one. We had 7 days inSiem Reap earlier this month and had 2 very wet days- still highly enjoyable. Keens sandals were also very handy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,249 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather - how wet is it this season?

I have four (4) "Storm Sticks" aka large Golf Umbrellas from Target already packed in a large cardboard tube i found already packed to come to Cambodia with me on 10th October.

None, of course, will come back to Australia.

The villagers need them far more than I do.

Best regards. Ian

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
966 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather - how wet is it this season?

Short bursts of heavy rain. Those keen style sandals have been great, sneakers not so good in those deep puddles.

Some roads were quite flooded by our standards, but the locals seem to deal with it, sitting at their roadside diners with thongs in ankle deep water.

The rural landscape so beautiful, lush and richly green, and the temples have the moats filled and moss on them... The rainy season a beautiful time to visit, just bring appropriate gear.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather - how wet is it this season?

Thanks everyone.

We are really looking forward to our trip!

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
648 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather - how wet is it this season?

We're gonna get some big rain probably sunday

trust.org/alertnet/…

8. Re: Weather - how wet is it this season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Siem Reap