We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 full days of exploring Siem Reap - help with itinerary

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
76 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
3 full days of exploring Siem Reap - help with itinerary

Hello, I will be in Siem Reap in January with my boyfriend, we have 3 full days to explore and I got in touch with a tuk tuk driver who suggested the following itinerary. I'm afaraid it's too packed, I need someone who has been there already to give me advices.

Day 1:

1- Angkor Wat

2- Gate to Angkor Thom

( Surrounding Temples)

3- Bayon ( smiling face temple)

4- Baphoun

5- Phimeanakas

6- Terrace of Elephant & Leper King

8- Preah Palily

9- Prasat Sour Prat

10- North & South Kleang

11- ChauSayThevoda

12- Thommanon

13- Ta Keo

14- Ta Prohm (tomdraider filmed here)

15- Banteay Kdei and Sras Srang.

Day 2:

1- Preah Khan

2- Neak Pean

3- Ta Som

4- East Mebon

5- Banteay Srei

6- Banteay Samre

7- Pre Rup

8 -Kbal Spean

9- Angkor center for conservation (I've asked to include it)

Day 3:

Phnom Kulen National Park

Do you think the first 2 days are mad or doable? Thanks!!!

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 3 full days of exploring Siem Reap - help with itinerary

Beware the scammers. The water village especially. Don't pay more than $10pp for the boat ride . Don't buy rice for kids on floating orphanage. Don't tip the guide and driver any more than $2. The rice scam: the floating store seller will charge you $65 for a bag of rice so you can donate to the orphans, you drop it off, kids go wild and hug you then then when you have gone they give it back to the store and split the money up. similiar to the baby milk/ formulae scam. They should rename the city "Siem Reap Off"...Scambodia.. I know similar things happen in other countries but this towm seems to have more per capita than anywhere else I have been in Asia. I won't ever be going back to Siem Resp Off....

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
775 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 3 full days of exploring Siem Reap - help with itinerary

noted how far is airport and hotel

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,413 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 3 full days of exploring Siem Reap - help with itinerary

without knowing which of the hundreds of hotels in SR you are staying at, best advice is for you to check out the maps at www.canbypublications.com follow links on the left to access the SR maps. Airport to Pub St is about 10 in in a tuk tuk and should cost you around $5

14. Re: 3 full days of exploring Siem Reap - help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 09:15