We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels seem to be booked up in Feb.; any suggestions?

NY
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels seem to be booked up in Feb.; any suggestions?

I'm having a hard time booking a hotel room on line in Feb. it seems that many of the popular hotels are booked up.

Any suggestions as to why so busy. I'll be there in Feb and want to stay 3 nights around Feb 13th.

I'm a little flexible with dates.. Any suggestions. We are a couple...I was looking into some of the mid to high price range hotels.. Mid price range would be good..4 or 5 star. But I would consider other options.

Thank you.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels seem to be booked up in Feb.; any suggestions?

i would email the hotels directly as i know hotels will only sell up to 70 odd % to booking agents so as not to be overbooked.also they dont have to pay the commissions to booking agents.some of the ones i would try are Boria Angkor,Prince d Angkor,Somadevi Angkor and maybe Le Meridiens,Sofitel,Sokha Hotel.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,658 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels seem to be booked up in Feb.; any suggestions?

I just did a dummy booking for my favorite hotel in Siem Reap for the 13th and 14th of Feb.

It would only give me 3 consecutive days 13,14 and 15th.

As paul says, find the hotel you like, then cut and paste this into your search engine. Then go through the hotels own website.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels seem to be booked up in Feb.; any suggestions?

Totally agree with Paul, email the hotel directly and if they can't do your booking ask them for advise on who might be abel to?? Some have sister accommodation or support each other.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,995 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels seem to be booked up in Feb.; any suggestions?

Ditto all of the above postings.

Ignore all of the Hotel Search Engines and go directly to the hotels of your choice on your short list of hotels.

Best regards. Ian

Ho Chi Minh
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels seem to be booked up in Feb.; any suggestions?

You should check www.agoda.com they have the best hotel price. I just booked one for me and my brother. We're also going to Siem Reap on Feb 16. Hope this help !

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels seem to be booked up in Feb.; any suggestions?

The Moon Boutique Hotel was good, quiet, nice restaurant, great staff. I enjoyed it on my own but more a couples getaway

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels seem to be booked up in Feb.; any suggestions?

FYI Chinese New Year is a huge holiday celebrated through many parts of Asia and it's a big travel period to go on vacation.

It's specifically from Feb 10th through Feb 13th is the peak days, but different countries have different days off, so you'll find the week before and after as quite busy.

I'm also struggling to find hotels and air tickets as we are planning last minute.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
4 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels seem to be booked up in Feb.; any suggestions?

I have just booked one couple of friends at sofitel angkor for the same dates. You might checknon line.

9. Re: Hotels seem to be booked up in Feb.; any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 06:18