We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
in your heart ;p
Level Contributor
48 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

I just would like to post this to give other travellers some more information about on land transportation from Bangkok to Siem Reap. and i hope this would help somehow.

(i just dont know where else can i write this ;p)

Nowadays the thai government bus company provide direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap,

which you can book the ticket directly at the Mochit 2 Bus Station , on the first floor, or through this following website in advance

http://home.transport.co.th/th.html

you can also call to +66 2872 1777 or if u are already use thai sim card : 02 872 1777

you will get the payment code, and you can pay for the booking at 7-11 convenient store (provided everywhere in thailand), then keep the receipt to get the real ticket at the bus station on the departure date.

it costs 750 Baht/ ticket and the bus leaves daily from bangkok at 9:00 AM in the morning.

and from Siem Reap back to Bangkok , the bus leaves at 8:00 AM in the morning.

This option is the best way to avoid all the scam at the border, well, generally, the tourists who buy the ticket from agencies on Khao San Road have to change the bus at the border and got asked to pay more for some other stuffs. While the government bus has the priority at the immigration board, and if you have some problem with your visas, the staff of the bus will help u figure it out,

at first, you gotta get off at the office where they arrange the visa for you (except thai passengers) the bus stops here about 20 mins, and they also serve the passengers a meal box in the bus. Then, 8-10 mins after every passengers have to get off at the thai immigration office to get departure stamped, and then you have to walk to the cambodia side to get the arrival stamp, that's where the bus will wait for u.

I saw some tourists who just did the travel by themselves spending so much time to search for a bus or a transport from the border to siem reap, so i felt good that i took this bus directly from bangkok. if i could get a chance to travel to Cambodia again, i would definitely take this bus again.

Besides the BKK-SR route, they also provide to route from Bangkok to Phnom Penh, which costs 900 Baht, the bus leaves at 8 AM in the morning as i remember. and For other international routes , theres a bus provided from Bangkok to Vientiane , Laos , and Pak Se as well.

392 replies to this topic
Guam, Mariana...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Please let me know if this direct route is real. I am heading there in one week and would greatly appreciate it if you would be able to let me know if you used this route and your personal experience. Please oh please. Thanks so much.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,386 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

If you are unwilling to believe what has already been written into this thread, why should you accept any response to you request?

The thread starts with a very thorough description and message #36 refers to a blog report that includes photos of the bus, onboard food service, etc. All that is faked and unreal, of course...

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

About how long does it take to travel from Bangkok to Siem Reap via the state-bus service?

Cork, Ireland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
44. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Hi

Has anyone managed to book a ticket online in advance? I tried ringing the number provided but despite 'pressing 9 for english', there was no translation. I have also tried the online website but it requires an ID number and this may sound foolish but i have no idea what my ID number is, im an irish citizen and as far as im aware we do not have one. If anyone could explain what this ID number is i would be extremely grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Bremen
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Thank you !!!!

Great help !!!!!

2 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Thank-you so much for your post. Makes life a lot easier hearing from others recent experiences! I tried the link and it didn't work, I was wondering what the company or bus name was. We are going in the opposite direction and would like to book in advanced. Thanks again! Cass

2 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Thank-you so much for your post. Makes life a lot easier hearing from others recent experiences! I tried the link and it didn't work, I was wondering what the company or bus name was. We are going in the opposite direction and would like to book in advanced. Thanks again! Cass

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Hi,

We have booked online through ThaiTicket Major for this bus on the 23rd July but i'm unclear as to where i can pick up the tickets from. We land in Bangkok late on the 22nd and the bus leaves at 9am the next morning so I'm concerned that we would have to go anywhere other than where the bus leaves from to get our tickets.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

Bengaluru, India
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
49. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Thank you soo much. we were worried about the trip. the info was very helpful.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Thanks for the advide!! I found it very hepful.

I am having some problems in purchasing the bus tickets online, as the web page is not fully translated into english. Who did you manage to buy the tickets? Thanks again for your help!!

Edited: 31 August 2013, 17:47
Reply to: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted