We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
in your heart ;p
Level Contributor
51 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

I just would like to post this to give other travellers some more information about on land transportation from Bangkok to Siem Reap. and i hope this would help somehow.

(i just dont know where else can i write this ;p)

Nowadays the thai government bus company provide direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap,

which you can book the ticket directly at the Mochit 2 Bus Station , on the first floor, or through this following website in advance

http://home.transport.co.th/th.html

you can also call to +66 2872 1777 or if u are already use thai sim card : 02 872 1777

you will get the payment code, and you can pay for the booking at 7-11 convenient store (provided everywhere in thailand), then keep the receipt to get the real ticket at the bus station on the departure date.

it costs 750 Baht/ ticket and the bus leaves daily from bangkok at 9:00 AM in the morning.

and from Siem Reap back to Bangkok , the bus leaves at 8:00 AM in the morning.

This option is the best way to avoid all the scam at the border, well, generally, the tourists who buy the ticket from agencies on Khao San Road have to change the bus at the border and got asked to pay more for some other stuffs. While the government bus has the priority at the immigration board, and if you have some problem with your visas, the staff of the bus will help u figure it out,

at first, you gotta get off at the office where they arrange the visa for you (except thai passengers) the bus stops here about 20 mins, and they also serve the passengers a meal box in the bus. Then, 8-10 mins after every passengers have to get off at the thai immigration office to get departure stamped, and then you have to walk to the cambodia side to get the arrival stamp, that's where the bus will wait for u.

I saw some tourists who just did the travel by themselves spending so much time to search for a bus or a transport from the border to siem reap, so i felt good that i took this bus directly from bangkok. if i could get a chance to travel to Cambodia again, i would definitely take this bus again.

Besides the BKK-SR route, they also provide to route from Bangkok to Phnom Penh, which costs 900 Baht, the bus leaves at 8 AM in the morning as i remember. and For other international routes , theres a bus provided from Bangkok to Vientiane , Laos , and Pak Se as well.

398 replies to this topic
in your heart ;p
Level Contributor
51 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

@qeeen_alx thank you and good luck with ur trip! Please share ur experience about the SR-BKK , im sure it'll be very helpful for all travellers :D

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

We will travel from Bangkok in April 2014 for 6 days in Siem Reap. Would it be better to take a flight than taking the bus. Although cheaper you do loose a lot of time in travel.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,580 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

How can you expect anyone else to make a good decision on your behalf? We do not know your budgetary constraints nor preferences. You clearly already are aware of drawbacks of bus travel.

How about flying into Siem Reap and returning with the bus? This will give you an additional half a day in Siem Reap and sidestep the hassles at the land border. When you return to Thailand you will get a free 15-day visa waiver stamp at Aranyaphratet and you won't lose much time in Siem Reap since the Air Asia flight departs already at noon while the bus leaves in the morning.

Save Reply
64. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Thanks for this valuable information; I have some questions;-

1. How long is the total journey from BKK to S.REP? Where from the bus starts?

2.Is there toilet facility built inside bus?

3. Can the ticket be booked in advance on internet? What is the link name?

4. Are the Buses Air Conditioned and comfortable?

5. How much the Cambodian visa on arrival costs? What documents are required?

in your heart ;p
Level Contributor
51 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

@monoraguesthouse , kindly get back and check out the information about ticket booking BKK-SR on the post number 58. You'll find (almost) all the information about the ticket purchase.. Well basically u can just get into www.thaiticketmajor.com and choose the english version and click at "transportation"

Normally the bus takes about 7-9 hours depends on the time taken at the border

The bus is air-con bus with 38 seats , comfortable for the journey (at least in my opinion) theres a small built in toilet

About the visa it's better to wait for others to give you some more information :)

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,812 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

visa is $20 USD, 2 passport photos - as you could easily find by reading through all the posts on this thread or using the search box (directly above the original post and at the top of the list of topics on the forum front page)

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
67. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Thank you Som and every1 else that has posted on this thread i am flying to Bangkok on saturday nite and hoping to get the bus on the sunday morning to Siem reap, unfortunately i am unable to spend a lot of time in Thailand due to time constraints but hope to do so on ym next trip. As a first time traveller the advice has been fantastic and is sure to make my trip easier.

Thane, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Hi @NocturnalSom... thanks for quite informative posts on this topic.. I would like to have some advice.. I am reaching Bangkok on 22nd Dec and planning Bangkok-Siem Reap on 24th Dec. I would prefer a hotel not very far from the place where I can board the bus to Siem Reap. So, do I need to book my hotel near the Mo-Chit market area or does the bus pick up passengers at multiple stops on the way. If Yes, can you please provide some places where a passenger can board the bus.

Also, are the bus tickets readily available a day or two in advance, or it is suggested to do a prior booking online. The reason I am asking is that tthe website thaiticketmajor.com looks quite cluttered and I am really not sure how to book the ticket with huge number of options given for "From" location..

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
69. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Hi everyone, I posted earlier in the week about how helpful the thread and the ppl posting in it were. So i am hoping that i can bring something to the table in that i flew in from the Philippines last nite. I was booked into my hotel i realised that i was not going to get the bus this morning so i booked a second nite (my suggestion if you have time). I caught a taxi from my hotel in Lat Phrao which is about ten minutes from Chatuchak (Mo Chit 2 bus terminal) by taxi, I spent about 15 mins at the terminal then caught a taxi back to my hotel and saw some of the local sites in Lat Phrao. It was as simple as that and Mo Chit 2 is right near the Chatuchak market.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
70. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Hi debsnroses, the Centara grand at central plaza in Lat Phrao. This hotel is very close and it is 5 star

Reply to: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted