We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
in your heart ;p
Level Contributor
47 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

I just would like to post this to give other travellers some more information about on land transportation from Bangkok to Siem Reap. and i hope this would help somehow.

(i just dont know where else can i write this ;p)

Nowadays the thai government bus company provide direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap,

which you can book the ticket directly at the Mochit 2 Bus Station , on the first floor, or through this following website in advance

http://home.transport.co.th/th.html

you can also call to +66 2872 1777 or if u are already use thai sim card : 02 872 1777

you will get the payment code, and you can pay for the booking at 7-11 convenient store (provided everywhere in thailand), then keep the receipt to get the real ticket at the bus station on the departure date.

it costs 750 Baht/ ticket and the bus leaves daily from bangkok at 9:00 AM in the morning.

and from Siem Reap back to Bangkok , the bus leaves at 8:00 AM in the morning.

This option is the best way to avoid all the scam at the border, well, generally, the tourists who buy the ticket from agencies on Khao San Road have to change the bus at the border and got asked to pay more for some other stuffs. While the government bus has the priority at the immigration board, and if you have some problem with your visas, the staff of the bus will help u figure it out,

at first, you gotta get off at the office where they arrange the visa for you (except thai passengers) the bus stops here about 20 mins, and they also serve the passengers a meal box in the bus. Then, 8-10 mins after every passengers have to get off at the thai immigration office to get departure stamped, and then you have to walk to the cambodia side to get the arrival stamp, that's where the bus will wait for u.

I saw some tourists who just did the travel by themselves spending so much time to search for a bus or a transport from the border to siem reap, so i felt good that i took this bus directly from bangkok. if i could get a chance to travel to Cambodia again, i would definitely take this bus again.

Besides the BKK-SR route, they also provide to route from Bangkok to Phnom Penh, which costs 900 Baht, the bus leaves at 8 AM in the morning as i remember. and For other international routes , theres a bus provided from Bangkok to Vientiane , Laos , and Pak Se as well.

390 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
1 post
Save Reply
81. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Hi NocturnalSom, may I ask you how long does the bus from bangkpok to siem read take? Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,324 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

According to the trip report …coconuts.co/2013/05/06/coconuts-test-drives… the drive to Aranyaprathet takes about 3.5 hours and the drive from border to Siem Reap about 2 hours. The time needed at the border depends on how long the queues happen to be. Apparently it varies between 2 - 4 hours. The 9am departure is clearly timed so that the bus still can make it into Siem Reap before darkness falls even if the queues at the border are bad.

Brasov, Romania
1 post
Save Reply
83. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

i need to book a bus for visa...but i can't because i need to register and the registration is in thai language, no english

San Francisco
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Great information!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,324 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

The language selection at www.thaiticketmajor.com clearly is a bit flaky. The following seems to work on a Windows PC both with Internet Explorer 10 and Firefox 24.0:

1. Open http://www.thaiticketmajor.com

2. Click on the flag in upper right corner to select English

3. Wait for and dismiss the current advertising pop-up window

4. Input the desitnation and date

5. Search for seats

6. Select the schedule and click Seating Plan

7. Registration screen opens in English

It may be that ThaiTicketMajor has not bothered to verify that their site works with all possible browsers (PC, Mac, or mobile), so you may need to fall back to use one of the most popular combinations.

Note that site accepts bookings only within the next 60 days.

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
86. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Thanks so much for this info. I just heard about this bus service from an agency on Khao San Road, and I can buy it from them for THB 1,000. At least they told me about this, the other three agencies I asked all pointed me to the mini-bus and van/taxi option only. I will try to purchase this next week and will post if I experience anything different to what has been posted here.

Budapest, Hungary
2 posts
Save Reply
87. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

thank you for the information it was quite a bit of help :)

Is anyone planning on traveling from Bangkok to Siem Reap on 10th December?

Edited: 07 October 2013, 22:08
Rye, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

We traveled both ways on the express bus from Bangkok in September this year (2013). The journey was safe and without incident. Here are some details:

1. We bought the Cambodian visa on-line for $US28 at http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/ . Beware of agencies which charge more.

2. We bought the Bangkok to Siem Reap express bus ticket on-line for 750 Baht from www.thaiticketmajor.com/bus/index.php?la=en . The website had us foxed for a while but input 'Siemreapt' as destination from 'Central' and 'All Station,BKK'. We printed out the receipt and then collected the ticket from the Ticketmaster Office on the 5th floor of the Siam Paragon Shopping Centre close to the Siam interchange station on the Skytrain. The office opens at 10am.

3. Departure is from the Mochit 2 Northern Bus Terminal at 9am. This is a taxi ride away from the Mochit Skytrain station. We took a meter taxi from our hotel instead direct to the bus terminal for around £2. It was a longish journey but taxis are very cheap and convenient.

4. The bus left on time, was comfortable, water and snacks were provided free and there was room on overhead racks for rucksacks. The journey took around 8 hours with 2 hours spent at the border where you queue for immigration. Beware if you haven't already bought your visa - the bus stopped at an agency before the border where visas were available at an inflated price. Wait until the border if you need to buy one.

5. On arrival in Siem Reap it was possible to book and pay for the return bus straight away. the cost is $US28.

6. The bus back to Bangkok was much the same although it left at 8am.

7. I was unable to find a way of booking the return trip on-line in advance. Ticketmaster does not allow it. The bus company in Siem Reap does have a phone number though. I made a note of it at the time but cannot find it now. However, we hired an extremely helpful tuk-tuk driver at the bus company who took us around the next day and he would be able to give you the details. His name is Mr Loeum Dany and he can be contacted on Tel: (855) 12 00 95 05 or email: loeumdany@rocketmail.com or Facebook: loeumdany@rocketmail.com.

Dany was very good value, spoke excellent English and could also help you with a choice of hotel.

Selangor
3 posts
Save Reply
89. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

thanks for the information. However, could you also enlighten me how and where do i purchase the return ticket from siem reap to bangkok. Also I would like to visit Poipet on the way back or in between whichever is better. Thank you once again.i

Selangor
3 posts
Save Reply
90. Re: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap

thanks for the information. However, could you also enlighten me how and where do i purchase the return ticket from siem reap to bangkok. Also I would like to visit Poipet on the way back or in between whichever is better. Thank you once again.i

Reply to: Direct bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted