We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tuk tuk again?

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tuk tuk again?

I would like to know if tuk tuk driver must have some proof as legitimate being a tuk tuk driver in SR? Would it be practical to ask the driver to show me his ID .

I do not like the tuk tuk driver the hotel sent to pick up at bus station. This tuk tuk is very arrogant and has an attitude problem .

Yesterday, I found myself a driver, he is very nice and seem to be honest. He did went an extra mile for me when I need help. I want to hire him to take us to the grand circuit plus to the see the Banteay Sries today. However, the bad memory of that bad tuk tuk driver in PP still fresh in my memory . I would like to know if is it o.k to ask him to show me his idendification. Also, is it practical to let the hotel desk know his cell phone number and his email address so that they know where we go and who we go out with.

By the way, Is it too far to travel to Banteay Sries by tuk tuk . How must time to travel for around trip . I choose to go by tuk tuk because I want to see some of the country site . Please advise

Please advise

Edited: 18 June 2013, 00:46
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,652 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tuk tuk again?

licenced drivers wear a cream/tan vest with their licence number printed on the back. I see no problem asking if he is licenced - but if you like this guy and he turns out not to be licenced - what then?

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tuk tuk again?

"I do not like the tuk tuk driver the hotel sent to pick up at bus station. This tuk tuk is very arrogant and has an attitude problem "

uop1497, it's your dime!

He may be doing the driving but your the one in control.

If you don't like your tuk-tuk driver, then change.

Have fun

california
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: tuk tuk again?

To update about this tuk tuk guy,

I decide to try my luck again today. I do not ask this guy whether he has a lisence or not . I learn later that he does not have a license . I also find out he has 4 years college, but unable to find a decent job . Maybe that explains why he goes an extra mile when he knows I need it . Anyway, I am happy with his service and I give him a good tip at the end of the date. Somehow, I wish, I meet him almost a week ago .

I begin to like Cambodia now. Thanks everyone for your wonderful advice

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tuk tuk again?

A change is as good as a holiday.

Have fun uop1497

5. Re: tuk tuk again?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 05:18