We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a flight from Bangkok to Siem Riep

Palmdale, California
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booking a flight from Bangkok to Siem Riep

I have read earlier post that the web site of Cambodia Angkor Airlines is down. I have experienced this as well while trying to book a flight while in the states. Many people have adviced booking the flight while I am in Thailand. My question is this:

Will the flight cost me a lot more if I book it in Bangkok? also do the flights sell out quickly? My time is limited and I would hate to miss this opportunity. The other airlines from Thailand price is more than double the cost through Cambodia Airlines.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking a flight from Bangkok to Siem Riep

How far in advance would you be booking the flight if you waited until you were in Thailand? My experience shows that flight prices rise quite considerably the closer you get to the date of travel.

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking a flight from Bangkok to Siem Riep

I agree with balimoon , flights tend to go up closer you get, are u just visiting siem reap? Or other parts of Cambodia?, if other parts will be much cheaper to fly to phnom penn. air Asia as cheap flights to phnom penn, where as siem reap just a couple of airlines goin this route, mainly bangkok airways, so flights much more

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking a flight from Bangkok to Siem Riep

You could wait then if there's no availability or the prices are high go overland.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking a flight from Bangkok to Siem Riep

Air Asia fly from DMK, not Suvarnabhumi. Check which airport you are arriving at. The transfer between the two is about an hour depending on time of day.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,775 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking a flight from Bangkok to Siem Riep

Hi,

Cambodia Angkor Air have sorted out their earlier web site issues and its now pretty reliable. I would book as soon as you know your dates as you will more than likely get a better deal that way.

Cheers

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,728 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking a flight from Bangkok to Siem Riep

As of July 15 you should be able to book Airasia's new flights between BKK and SR which start operating around October 15 if I am not mistaken.

seattle
Level Contributor
372 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking a flight from Bangkok to Siem Riep

lennybruce, air asia does not show such a flight. we are looking for a flight oct. 25. do you have a sense of when they might post this flight. thanks very much.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,728 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking a flight from Bangkok to Siem Riep

As noted above it should be listed as of July 15 from what I understand.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,728 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking a flight from Bangkok to Siem Riep

Just checked: Indeed these new flights should be listed from July 15 and the flights start October 1. From July 15 - 24 they are running an introductory promotion sale so keep an eye on Airasia's website

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
486 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking a flight from Bangkok to Siem Riep

Lenny is correct Air Asia start flying this route from 01 October at 10.20 and 11.30am and return at 12.15 and 13.10pm

They have a launch promo from 15 July to 24 July of USD40 for travel from 1 October 2013 to 5 August 2014 so I have heard.