We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angkor Wat, day or three day pass?!

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Angkor Wat, day or three day pass?!

My fiance and I are heading to Siem Reap this Friday and are going to visit Angkor Wat, we are just undecided as to whether to spend a day or three visiting it?, we are in Siem Reap for a week!.

Any pros / cons / advice / information / experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Chris

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,413 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Angkor Wat, day or three day pass?!

The pass covers all the temples in the Angkor Park ... and there are dozens of them. It also covers Kbal Spean ... get the 3 day pass and space your visits to the temples.

for sample itineraries check out www.canbypublications.com - then follow the links on the left

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Angkor Wat, day or three day pass?!

Cheers thmoore, we have plenty time to visit the temples but we're just unsure if we / i would have seen enough in the first day.

I will have a look at your link and thanks again!.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Angkor Wat, day or three day pass?!

Angkor Wat is one temple. There are moe than dozens, well warranting the 3-day pass IF you are into that kind of thing. Some people are fine with a full day seeing Angkor Wat & a few others, read up and see what looks interesting to you.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Angkor Wat, day or three day pass?!

Thanks Maneki-neko, we are pretty keen on seeing quite a lot of it so think we are gonna opt for the three day pass now!

Any idea what it will cost us?, should we get it from the hotel we are staying in?, what about rental of tuk tuk drivers?, what is the process for that?!.

Again many thanks!.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Angkor Wat, day or three day pass?!

Hi,

I'd get the three day pass, for an extra $20 it's a no brainer really especially if you're there for a week. One day pass is $20, three day is $40. You buy them from the ticket office on the way to Angkor Wat and you driver will stop off there on your way in.

Tuk tuks are $15 a day and you can pick one up on the street or your hotel will have some on their books so very easy to sort out when you get there.

Cheers

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Angkor Wat, day or three day pass?!

Just go for about five hours each morning till around 1.00pm & split your time over 3 days, otherwise you'll be "Templed out" & if it rains (quite likely this time of year) it will usually be in the afternoon.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Angkor Wat, day or three day pass?!

Good idea to buy the three day pass.

Also, try to head to the ticket office on Friday afternoon and buy the ticket then. After 5pm you have free entry without using the ticket, and you can watch the sunset. It also means no need to queue on Saturday morning, in case you want to see the sunrise.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Angkor Wat, day or three day pass?!

Hello There I'm planning to visit Angkor Wat. Saw too many comments. To visit the angkor and all other temples i need to purchase the pass from airport is it? Can anyone advice how much i need to pay (MYR) for 3 days 2 nights? Also how much the entrance fee

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,413 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Angkor Wat, day or three day pass?!

Tissa ... for info about buying the angkor Pass re-read post #3

are you asking how much money you need for a whole trip? including accommodation etc?. Look at www.agoda.com to get some idea of hotel prices etc because we cannot advise weithout knowledge of your budget and travel style.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Angkor Wat, day or three day pass?!

Chris - definitely the 3 day pass. I've been round the temples 3 times over the last decade, and got a 3 day pass each time and still haven't seen all there is to see. The one day pass is really just for the "in and out" tour group people who just want to see the more famous areas of Ankor wat, Bayon & Ta Phrom.