We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March or April, 2014

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
362 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
March or April, 2014

We are making plans to come to Siem Reap. We are combining the trip with a Mekong River cruise. Would there be a difference between visiting mid-march vs the first week of April? Would March have noticeably cooler weather than the first of April? Or, would we be better to wait until November? We are so excited to visit this part of the world. Thank you for any advice.

siem reap
Level Contributor
493 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: March or April, 2014

March and April will be HOT.Like 95 or even 100.Dry and every things brown.November is much nicer.And still a little green.End of October early November is my first choice.Most of the rain has stopped and a lot of rice still in the fields.The best time for photography.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March or April, 2014

I agree if you can change to November it would be a better month than March or April.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,273 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March or April, 2014

Did you check the dates of the river cruise? I am pretty sure there won't be any in April and only into a part of March as the water levels get too low at a certain point in time.

Seattle
Level Contributor
362 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March or April, 2014

Thank you all for your help. We are going to take your advice and book in November, 14. I just don't know how we are going to wait that long! We are so excited for this trip. There is AMAwaterways cruises in April, they are taking a $1000 off per cabin. I have read that they have to bus passengers down the river in Cambodia.

5. Re: March or April, 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:19