We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuk Tuk/Guides in SR

Toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Tuk Tuk/Guides in SR

Hi. Looking for some great recommendations for tuk tuk drivers/guides for SR. My hotel doesn't offer this service in the price (and the hotels that did were booked!). I will be there for three full days and want to do the temples and some other off the beaten path things. Female solo traveler so want someone reliable and safe. Also want someone that will get creative so I can avoid crowds and have cool unique experiences. Also, what can I expect to pay? Please advise. Thanks!!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,967 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuk Tuk/Guides in SR

even if it is not included in the price, your hotel can still organise this for you. going rate is $25/day for a guide and $15/day for a tuk tuk (they are not able to cross-over so if you want someone to go into the temples with you , you will need both guide & driver. You are however, quite OK to just use a driver who will take you to each temple and wait for you to come out before taking you on to te next one - this is how we travel)

it wil be a magical experience however you visit. have you checked out the sample itineraries at www.canbypulications.com - follow the links on the left to Siem Reap then to Angkor and the temples

as far as crowds are concerned - everyone wants to avoid them - and depending on when you are going this may not be possible given the sheer number of visitors - particularly Nov - Jan. Just tell your driver you want to 'try' to avoid the crowds and he will do the best possible

cheers

helen

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuk Tuk/Guides in SR

i've booked with sochet for 5 days in feb 2014, highly recommended on here

http://www.driveangkor.com/

3. Re: Tuk Tuk/Guides in SR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 10:24
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
228 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuk Tuk/Guides in SR

We have just come back from Siem Reap, and were lucky enough to find Da , he speaks terrific English and will Taylor a day for you. He knows the best times to visit the different Watts and will take you off the usual tourist track, we met some other Aussies and when they heard about some of the places he was taking us too they oasked him to give their tuk tuk driver some idears which he did happily, I can't recommend him more highly his email is maoda@live.com........mandy

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,450 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuk Tuk/Guides in SR

HI Mandy, What were some of the off the track places you guys got to? Would love to include on my list for my upcoming trip.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
228 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuk Tuk/Guides in SR

Hi axylady, Da took us down some pretty poor roads into t he countryside to go on the river to one of the floating villages it's not the one all the hoards on the coaches go to as the rd is not suitable for the buses,it was so interesting to go past the locals homes so many of them had wells which had been donated by different countries and it was interesting to get his perspective on this form of donating. He is going to night school to learn to be a guide so he is a wealth of information. We felt so lucky to have found him as SiemReap I'm afraid is a bit too touristy for me , we all like different things and the Watts are wonderful but the town reminds me of Phuket in Thailand . Da made it special for us hope you have a wonderful time.........Mandy

7. Re: Tuk Tuk/Guides in SR

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 02:35
Edited: 06 October 2013, 02:35
8. Re: Tuk Tuk/Guides in SR

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2013, 23:18
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,084 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tuk Tuk/Guides in SR

Please have a look at the pages that we have devoted entirely to REPUTABLE and trusted drivers and guides.

GUIDES page

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g297390-c107585/Siem-…

DRIVERS page

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g297390-c174988/Siem-…

10. Re: Tuk Tuk/Guides in SR

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 13:05