We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour trip to angkor wat

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
tour trip to angkor wat

I am visiting Thailand in December and want to do a trip to Angkor Wat.

I would like any advice please about 3 days trip from Bangkok to Angkor Wat with a reliable tour operator (all inclusive - transport, accommodation, sightseeing) as I will be traveling alone.

All advice would be great on this one. Thanks, andrada

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour trip to angkor wat

A lot of folks who might answer here will correctly point out that Siem Reap/Angkor Wat is one of the easiest places in the world to do a do-it-yourself holiday. All one really needs to do is to get oneself from Bangkok to Siem Reap, find a hotel and ask the hotel for a tuk tuk driver. With the driver you then figure out a nice program for your available time. That discussion takes about 10 - 15 minutes with a good driver. If your 3 days include your arrival and departure date, or even if it includes only arrival day or are all full days, creating a touring program for 1.5 - 3 days, that will include primarily temples and perhaps a visit to one of the communities on the great lake Tonle Sap, is a fairly easy and standard routine for an experienced driver. There are of course a whole host of non-temple and non-lake activities to do depending on one's interests and budget (I have summed up a lot of these on my weblog page www.angkortuktuk.net/beyondthetemples.htm if you are interested.)

The quickest and most hassle way to get from BKK to SR is with the low-cost carrier Airasia. Or you can spend a day doing it overland but then you are advised to do a bit of research about the border crossing procedures since there are some mild scams when exiting Thailand and entering Cambodia. Nothing major and those who fall for them are maybe out an unnecessary $20 or so extra (one golden tip - no matter what anyone tells you as you cross the Thai/Cambodia land border, you do not have to buy any local Cambodian currency - the $US is the effective tourist currency in Siem Reap).

This all being said, one tour operator I know that does do complete custom made tour packages is called Journeys Within http://www.journeys-within.com/ but they are a high-end boutique agency. I imagine some other people may suggest some other companies.

Edited: 07 November 2013, 09:21
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour trip to angkor wat

Your blog post on siem reap offers a great deal of valuable info different from all the sightseeing options I have read so far. Thanks for the info!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour trip to angkor wat

My pleasure! Enjoy!

4. Re: tour trip to angkor wat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 05:17