We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuk tuk or car with A/C?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
158 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Tuk tuk or car with A/C?

Hi,

My husband and I will have two full days in Siem Reap in December to see the temples. We want to do both the small circuit and the grand circuit. It sounds like most everyone travales via a tuk tuk. I am a little concerned that for longer driving periods that the tuk tuk may be uncomfortable, too dusty, too hot, too much sun exposure, or somehow unpleasant. For those who have experienced it, does anyone have issues with spending two days sightseeing via tuk tuk?

Is is better to hire a driver with a car and A/C? Are drivers with cars readily available? What do they typically charge for a day?

Thanks,

Vikcy

California
Level Contributor
735 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tuk tuk or car with A/C?

As many have suggested, I would recommend tuk tuk for the short and large circuit attractions which are very close. It is also an experience all in its own. Cold water provided and the breeze from the open air will detract you from any issues with heat during December, you are not in a dry desert heat area like Egypt so no worries.

If you are traveling further out, the I would recommend car hire with AC.

Please review and inquire over at the section listing drivers that travelers have recommended. Email them you travel plans and ask for a quote. Go with who you have a best feeling for based on pricing and replies.

We used Suwan from the list and he was one of the best drivers we had.

12. Re: Tuk tuk or car with A/C?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2014, 06:19