We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas Christmas dinner

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,554 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Xmas Christmas dinner

There's another thread about what Xmas is like in Siem Reap in general. I know many visitors are also interested in knowing where one can score a more or less traditional Christmas dinner so I've been asking around. I'm sure other contributors or arriving tourists may also have been sussing out this question. So far I've heard about or from these three places in any case:

Soria Moria hotel is putting on a traditional Scandinavian Xmas dinner - thesoriamoria.com/2013/…

Nest Angkor Cafe Bar should be posting info about their menu soon to their FB page - https://www.facebook.com/NestAngkorCafeBar and http://nestangkor.com/

Raffles - http://www.raffles.com/siem-reap

Edited: 10 December 2013, 10:36
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas Christmas dinner

Thanks Lenny. Ill be ariving on the 24th and this is just the kind of info i am looking for. Raffles is a little outside my budget, but the others look promising. Any other places you hear about would be apretiated.

Cheers

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,554 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas Christmas dinner

If I hear of any others I will certainly post here. Have a great time!

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas Christmas dinner

"Molly Malone's" usually have a Christmas dinner, not seen any adverts yet though.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
7 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas Christmas dinner

Christmas not Xmas and from what I hear Molly Malone's will have a $28 dinner ++ I think.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
486 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas Christmas dinner

The Victoria is doing a Buffet Bunch/Lunch 11.30 to 2.30pm for $27.50. Very good value and great food.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xmas Christmas dinner

Vincent - I suspect it was a deliberate choice of Lennybruce to title the post BOTH Xmas and Christmas - when people use the search box to find info this thread will come up irrespective of whether they search for Xmas OR Christmas.

Now ... as a newbie you may not have noticed the search box - it is at the top of the forums and will get ou access to every post that contains your key word or phrase - just like a google search. It can be filtered for date at the top right and is an ideal way for travellers to source information when researching a new destination.

The double name is a great idea

cheers

helen

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,554 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xmas Christmas dinner

Helen, You know me so well after all these years :) That was my thought process

Vincent, I apologize if I hurt your sensitivity but that was certainly not my intention to show any disrespect. "Xmas" is a pretty well accepted colloquialism and its origin is actually quite proper in giving dues

"Xmas |ˈkrisməs; ˈeksməs|

noun informal term for Christmas .

ORIGIN X representing the initial chi of Greek Khristos ‘Christ.’

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,554 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xmas Christmas dinner

And movetocambodia has a nice overview on his weblog - movetocambodia.com/holidays/…

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
12 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xmas Christmas dinner

Hi Lenny,

I'm in Siem Reap looking to meet up with local ex-pats for the holiday, rather than going to Raffles alone. I'd also like to discuss the local orphanage situation. If you know anyone that may be able to advise me on local orphanages or who might be going to Raffles or the like for Christmas eve or day dining, could you let me know? I run worldwideorphanages.com and would appreciate any leads. Best thanks!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xmas Christmas dinner

Morningstar Marilyn - Cambodia dos not need any more oprhanages, people who run orphanage websites/organisations etc or orphanage tourists... I am sure there are kids in Utah you could help - please leave Cambodia to the Cambodians.

Orphanage tourism is not about helping the kids... it is about making yourself feel all warm & fuzzy. You will find much info on this topic (including links to what highly respected organisations like childsaft think about it) if you make use of the search box directly above your post.

Lenny - sorry your Xmas dinner thread got hyjacked

Edited: 19 December 2013, 20:43