We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siem Reap + where to then for a 2+ week itinerary?

ireland
Level Contributor
203 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Siem Reap + where to then for a 2+ week itinerary?

Hi,

I am planning a honeymoon and really want to see Angkor Wat / Siem Reap. We would be travelling from Europe so I am trying to build a 2+ week itinerary around it. I have been to Thailand (Bangkok, Koh Samui, Krabi, Phi Phi), Vietnam and Singapore before and so ideally would like somewhere new.

I'd expect to spend ~4 days around Siem Reap and 2 in Phnom Penh. After that, I'm all ears. We're interested in the usual mix of history, culture, city sights, beach and good food and in late 30s aged backpackers at this stage!. (Our long haul gateway cities would likely be Bangkok, KL or Singapore). Mid range budget.

Your thoughts on time of year would be great too. I know best time of year for Angkor Wat is Nov - Feb but more interested in ensuring a few nice days at a beach!

While also interested in Laos, I'm not sure how feasible it would be to cover much there in the available time we would have and I've found that flights from PP to Vientiane or Luang Prabang either don't exist or are too expensive.

Your ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

K.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,802 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siem Reap + where to then for a 2+ week itinerary?

there is plenty more to Cambodia .. have a look at Battambang, Kampot, Kep and even Sihanoukville (and the islands off the coast from S'ville) it would be easy to do 2 weeks just in Cambodia - add a couple of days for some shopping in Bkk/LK on your way home.

If you could stretch it to 3 weeks you could easily consider doing 10 days in Laos and 7-10 in Cambodia which might look like this Bkk> Luang Prabang (4 days) bus to either Phonsavan (Plain of Jars - 2 days) or Vang Vieng (2-3 days) > Vientiane (2 days) then fly to PP (2 days) bus to Battambang (3 days) then bus to SR (4+ days) and home from there.

cheers

helen

2. Re: Siem Reap + where to then for a 2+ week itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 06:19