We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Cambodia lone female in her 50s

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Cambodia lone female in her 50s

Travelling to Cambodia in February for 3 weeks would like to make the most of my time there would like to see Angkor Wat, and the Killing fields ending up at Soukinville how is the best way to go about this. Is there any places I should visit?

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Cambodia lone female in her 50s

Three weeks to cover Angkor Region, Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville will give you quite a bit of time to explore. You might want to have a look at including Battambang as well, or perhaps Kampot/Kep. A quick search of the forum will give you some ideas. The search box is above your post and works like google.

All those places are easily accessible by bus or minivan. Alternatively, you could hire a taxi if you want a bit more flexibility although this will obviously be significantly more expensive. Again, a search of the forum will give you plenty of info.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,235 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Cambodia lone female in her 50s

Definitely add Battambang.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Cambodia lone female in her 50s

Thanks, just starting to look at things to do and places to go.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Cambodia lone female in her 50s

I will be there also in feb, solo female, I have two weeks, doing Phnom Penh, Battambang and siem reap... This site has been invaluable for research and booking... Can't wait to go now!!

5. Re: First time in Cambodia lone female in her 50s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 20:35
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
33 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Cambodia lone female in her 50s

Hello, Cazduk,

I, too, am a older (60) solo traveler who has just returned from a 5 week trip to Vietnam and Cambodia - on my own. You mentioned Siem Reap and the temples of Angkor. A definite. Don't miss the Echo Room. My midrange hotel/guesthouse arranged an 8 hour temple tour (temperature must have reached 100 on that day) with a tuk tuk driver and guide for $55.00; there is an additional $20.00 entrance fee (be prepared to have your picture taken at the gate). I was nervous, too. But I will tell you your great advantage - your age. Cambodians respect and value older people. I didn't hesitate to say to a young (there are few old men in Cambodia due to the Khmer Rouge) tuk tuk or motorbike driver with a smile, "I am old. Take care of me". And he would. You will love Cambodia and Cambodians. Want more information? Just ask.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in Cambodia lone female in her 50s

We are a couple in our early 50's travelling with a female friend(50's) and will be in PP 15th Feb, travelling to Sihanoukville(4nights) via Kampot ( 3nights) 17th - 25th Feb. Send us a message and let us know where you are during these dates and we may be able to join up for some tours/dinner etc.

Edited: 18 January 2014, 01:02
Siem Seap
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First time in Cambodia lone female in her 50s

Welcome to Siem Reap.

Siem Seap
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: First time in Cambodia lone female in her 50s

Welcome to Siem Reap.

10. Re: First time in Cambodia lone female in her 50s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 10:35