We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from siem reap to si phan don

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cretcheu
Level Contributor
93 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
bus from siem reap to si phan don

Hello everyone, can someone tell me the best way to reach si phan don (4000 islands) from siem reap? Experiences? Thanks

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from siem reap to si phan don

Any guesthouse can arrange buses for you.

cretcheu
Level Contributor
93 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from siem reap to si phan don

ok thanks, but I wanted to know the reference of some company .. I am interested to know schedules and time! can someone help me? thanks!

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from siem reap to si phan don

Oh, now I see that. It seems to me that you'd have to go via Kompong Cham or something like that (either that or go all the way to Phnom Penh and start from there). Either way, you will have to stop somewhere en route. There are half a dozen bus companies and mini-vans that take people up there nowadays, as I said you should ask at yoru guesthouse and they will know all the options.

Here is a recent copy of the Sorya bus schedule, one of many that has routes aroudn Cambodia

http://bit.ly/1g60wEl

cretcheu
Level Contributor
93 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from siem reap to si phan don

fantastic!! thanks a lot! :-)

Edited: 08 February 2014, 14:21
London
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus from siem reap to si phan don

We got the bus to Kratie and stayed there for a few days.( we had intended to move straight on but decided to stay awhile it was duchy a nice town!) . It was easy enough to get combination bus and boat tickets direct to Don Det or Don Khong it was pretty straightforward but I do recall having to wait around for a couple of hours for the boat to arrive. Be prepared to pay the $1 "overtime fee" at the border post! An interesting journey.

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,523 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus from siem reap to si phan don

Kratie is the logical starting point as there are any number of regular bus and van services from Phnom Penh to here or travellers from Siem Reap can either go direct to Kratie or often join services going there at Kg Cham or at Suong.

As I shall be spending time in Kratie, Strung Treng and Rottanak Kiri/Ban Lung this coming trip, I am still debating about crossing in to Lao PDR/Champasack and Si Phan Do. This will probably be decided at a dinner I am attending tonight. But my primary purpose for travelling to this area is to visit the minorities peoples potters and handling the local clays they use.

All best regards. Ian

Banlung
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bus from siem reap to si phan don

Take a shared taxi/minivan from SR. to Stung Treng via Preah Vihear City on the new road. It took me less than 4 hrs in my own car, add one hr for the taxi. In Stung Treng it is easy to find transport for the 60 km trip to the border and the Islands are about 25 km inside Laos.

No need to go south

Edited: 09 February 2014, 03:51
8. Re: bus from siem reap to si phan don

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 05:20